Gun Porn...

What cal is that first No1 of yours?:E Eek:
 
Also that 3rd one? Beauty!!!

What is it?
 
Let's see if I can do better?

Pic 1 is a Sumner engraved Boss. Pic 2 was packing for a guys weekend!

IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG
 
A challenge for the group to identify the most valuable gun. One is worth 2x-3x more than all the rest. (Hint: it's not the boss)

I suspect @Red Leg has the prowess but not sure who else is that big of a gun nerd.
 
My favorite!

I think you should send it here to Africa for me to look after it!:sneaky:

img_3340-jpg.161596
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3340.JPG
    643.8 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess that the highly engraved Lancaster would be the one?
 
I would guess that the highly engraved Lancaster would be the one?

Absolutely correct. I fought to buy that cigar box full of parts for 4 years. I bought it and had it restocked (cracked/rotted original stock). The wood job took 2.5 years. One of two guns like it in the world. Made circa 1896. Lancaster Sidelock, Auto Opener, Single Trigger, Ejector, Resetting Safeties, 28" Damascus Barrels, Deep foliate engraving, TWENTY BORE. Made for His Highness the Nawab of Rampur.

I paid an unholy sum for the bits and pieces and sinful amount for the stocking as it was to be my "once in a lifetime dream gun". Three kids later, I sold it less than 24 hours from when it was delivered to me. :( My kids get to ride around with mom in a new SUV and dad shoots a dreadful Spanish Sidelock in the barter.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
 
My favorite!

I think you should send it here to Africa for me to look after it!:sneaky:

img_3340-jpg.161596

Roan, if you've got the hunts, I've got the guns. PM me if you'd like to barter. I can set you up. Your favorite is a 375HH made in London by Cogswell & Harrison. It was worked over by Griffin & Howe with a Model 70 type safety and a side mount for the swarovski 1-6x24 scope. It took a bushbuck at 340 yards and a buffalo at 66 yards equally well this past July. A great gun, but not particularly valuable as it was made in 1951 instead of in the pre-war or between wars era. If it were a squarebridge it would be a tremendously valuable gun but alas, it is not.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Rook,
Do you have pics of the Lancaster assembled? Assuming she is all complete now?
 
Rookhawk, you can tell amazing stories, and Bullthrower, it's amazing a boy that came from humping hay bales in Montana would know this!! Jerome, you created a Masterpiece when you built this site!!!
 
Absolutely correct. I fought to buy that cigar box full of parts for 4 years. I bought it and had it restocked (cracked/rotted original stock). The wood job took 2.5 years. One of two guns like it in the world. Made circa 1896. Lancaster Sidelock, Auto Opener, Single Trigger, Ejector, Resetting Safeties, 28" Damascus Barrels, Deep foliate engraving, TWENTY BORE. Made for His Highness the Nawab of Rampur.

I paid an unholy sum for the bits and pieces and sinful amount for the stocking as it was to be my "once in a lifetime dream gun". Three kids later, I sold it less than 24 hours from when it was delivered to me. :( My kids get to ride around with mom in a new SUV and dad shoots a dreadful Spanish Sidelock in the barter.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Dude, I feel for you. In 10 years or so the SUV will be long forgotten, parted out as scrap. The Lancaster, on the other hand, will have become all the more rare and priceless.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,326
Messages
1,572,988
Members
169,676
Latest member
Jeffreymorrise
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top