Greetings

ArmyVet

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
My family of 5 will be travelling to South Africa for the first time this July. We will be hunting with Hunt the Sun in two locations. I am bringing my bow and I will hire a rifle from them, as we will be spending a week of just travelling around South Africa. I plan to hunt: Warthog; Kudu; Nyala and Eland. The kids will hunt Springbok or Duiker. Still trying to decide on mounts as my wife is not keen on having them in the house...

Anyway nice to have a forum like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome @ArmyVet !

Good to have you, enjoy your trip and please post a hunting report when back! Nice list of animals you are pursuing, best of luck!

Welcome to the forum and Thank You for your service. It is appreciated.

Good luck in Africa.

Welcome to AH ArmyVet! Have a great time with your family in Africa. By the time that that you and the kids are done with your hunt your wife may feel differently about having the trophies in the house… I say wait on the trophies for now, your decision in any case doesn't have to be made at this time.

Welcome to AH and my best wishes for your upcoming hunt !

Welcome sir! Thats a good line up. Good luck & thank you for service!

Welcome to the forum sir! Hope you have a grand trip!

Welcome to AH ArmyVet, from a former 19D. Have a great trip, you and your family will enjoy every minute of it. I look forward to the report and photos.
Cheers,
Mike

Welcome!

Still trying to decide on mounts as my wife is not keen on having them in the house...

Tell her you want the warthog in the bedroom. Then compromise. :)

Welcome. Have a great trip. Go Navy!

My family of 5 will be travelling to South Africa for the first time this July. We will be hunting with Hunt the Sun in two locations. I am bringing my bow and I will hire a rifle from them, as we will be spending a week of just travelling around South Africa. I plan to hunt: Warthog; Kudu; Nyala and Eland. The kids will hunt Springbok or Duiker. Still trying to decide on mounts as my wife is not keen on having them in the house...

Welcome! And thank you for your service. Tell your wife she won't see them because their hides make them camouflaged.

Welcome to AH! Have a great trip!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip, welcome to AH!

Welcome and good luck on your hunt!

I know what you mean about the mounts. My wife was the same way until she saw one in person. Now she definitely wants her trophy mounted!

Welcome - perhaps your wife's thoughts on mounts may change when see sees a few critters up close. I was pleased mine did.

Welcome, I hope you have an excellent safari with your family. Always nice to bring the whole crew along and make awesome memories. Once you have been to Africa once you will always come back, thats the same for all your family members too :)

Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome to this great forum!:D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg