Greetings from Sweden

9x57

AH senior member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
53
Reaction score
242
Media
31
Hunting reports
Europe
1
Hi guys!
New member from Sweden. Have been hunting since childhood and are now 37 years.
I hunt everything Sweden has to offer from moose to pigeons. Both rifle and shotgun hunting. Mostly wild boars these days but I grew up with mostly small game hunting ( hare hunting with dog).
The population of boars are growing rapidly here in Sweden from being extinct. Now we shoot more then 100 000 boars/year.
I am a keen handloader, and my latest project is to load ammo for my new Oberndorf Mauser 98 in 9x57. Should work fine for the boars with heavy bullets in low velocity.
IMG_6364.JPG

IMG_6376.JPG
 
Welcome to AH 9x57! You will fit right in, glad you found us!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Välkommen ombord!

Looking forward to hear from your hunting stories.
Just a heads up. This forum is very persuasive and it won’t be long before your hunting dreams will head south.

//Gus
 
I put a Leupold 2-7x33 with German No. 1 reticle on it. Can't use a modern sight on a classic gun, even if I was tempted. Hope you understand my English even if the grammar and spelling isn' t perfect. :-)
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH, I like your Mauser, the safety is not original right ?
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome!

Love the look of that Mauser!
 
Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome!
 
Welcome to AH sir
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Hi guys!
New member from Sweden. Have been hunting since childhood and are now 37 years.
I hunt everything Sweden has to offer from moose to pigeons. Both rifle and shotgun hunting. Mostly wild boars these days but I grew up with mostly small game hunting ( hare hunting with dog).
The population of boars are growing rapidly here in Sweden from being extinct. Now we shoot more then 100 000 boars/year.
I am a keen handloader, and my latest project is to load ammo for my new Oberndorf Mauser 98 in 9x57. Should work fine for the boars with heavy bullets in low velocity.
View attachment 220127
View attachment 220128

Welcome and enjoy.
 
Welcome to AH
Great rifle with good grains in the wood
The grains run perfectly through the grip this is important
That will be an excellent caliber for boars, and a good bush hunt in South Africa
Hoitjacht

Regards
 
Welcome to AH, I like your Mauser, the safety is not original right ?

I bought it with this three position safety, but it’s not original. I got the original flag safety with the gun.
 
Welcome to AH
Great rifle with good grains in the wood
The grains run perfectly through the grip this is important
That will be an excellent caliber for boars, and a good bush hunt in South Africa
Hoitjacht

Regards

There was a smal crack in the grip behind the tang when i bought the rifle. The mecanism is bedded to the stock, but i thought the tang was a bit in contact with the wood backwards, so I took away a small amount of wood backwards an glued the crack. I will check this crack from time to time.
 
Welcome to AH 9x57! Enjoy the site.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,781
Members
169,168
Latest member
PrinceRene
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top