Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Ducks Unlimited. Whitetails Unlimited, Michigan Sportsman
Hunted
South Africa Eastern and Western Capes
As a very seasoned hunter I am excited to find this forum so I can read topics and stories from people that share my passion. I am about 5 weeks away from my second trip to Africa and I can tell you I am very excited...
My first trip I joined a couple buddies that had experience hunting Africa but not the Eastern or Western Cape. I was told I was in for a treat going to the area we were headed for the first trip to Africa. I was not disappointed at all until I started paying the bills for the trip. Having planned to take 6 animals on a 12 day hunt I thought I would have my work cut out for me... Little did I know that I would be sending home 12 trophies and taking a total of 13 animals. Shortly before my trip in 2014 I met a gentleman that was going to the Eastern Cape the week after I returned. We stayed in touch through mutual friends and in Feb of 2016 was asked if my wife and I would like to join him and his wife and some mutual friends in a trip back to the Eastern Cape with KMG Safris. It didnt take alot of convincing to make our minds up. A quick email to Marius and a phone call to discuss some of the details and we were booked. Our trip is getting close and the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place to paint a much anticipated picture... A few weeks ago the group had the opportunity to go to Toronto and meet Marius and his wife Kim, thats when it really started to sink in for my wife. I am very excited to return, but I think my wife has a higher level of excitement knowing she will get to experience what she has seen in photos and videos from my first trip. I look forward to reading some info on hear and sharing with you my experiences...

Welcome aboard and enjoy the upcoming trip!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH! Best of luck for your upcoming trip.

Welcome to AH huntaholic! Great intr... Enjoy the site, you'll fit right in! :)

Welcome from another Michigander!!!

Welcome to AH.
When you get a moment practice your hunt reporting with the first trip!!

Welcome to AH! You have chosen well Marius is a Great guy and a well respected member here on AH. You are in for a treat being originally from Michigan myself born and raised in the Flint area and several African trips under my belt you might as well start planning your third trip now. Good luck on your hunt.

Welcome to AH !

John, I have two ex-wives that would argue with you calling me " gentleman " in your your introduction, funny they called me a lot of stuff, but never gentleman? Looking forward to hunting with you and the rest of our crew, come on May 9th.
Kurt

John, I have two ex-wives that would argue with you calling me " gentleman " in your your introduction, funny they called me a lot of stuff, but never gentleman? Looking forward to hunting with you and the rest of our crew, come on May 9th.
Kurt

Kurt,

I could have come up with many other things to call you but I figured I would clean it up a bit.... I had a blast on my first trip but I have a feeling this trip will be a completely different level of fun. I'm looking forward to hunting with the group and the extra days we are working in for sight seeing with the wives. The fishing day is one of the most anxiously awaited days for me on this trip... Can't wait is an understatement.

Welcome to AH.
When you get a moment practice your hunt reporting with the first trip!!

Thanks for the welcome, I will work on a post with the details of my first trip soon.

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH. I too live in Michigan. You will find AH to be full of knowledgeable folks that are willing to share it with other like minded folks. What will you be hunting this trip? Will the "girls" be hunting as well?

Hello,
I live on the west coast of Michigan, my goal is a first safari in 2018.
I appreciate the advice, comments, reports and pictures here on AH.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome fellow Michigander.
I live in Newaygo county. Send me a PM email and maybe we can get together some time and "tell some trueism" hunting stories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg