Greetings from Kentucky

BourbonTrail

AH legend
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
2,739
Reaction score
8,754
Media
17
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
USA (AZ, KY, MO, NM, VA), RSA
Hello AH members,

Greetings from a resident of the currently cold and rainy Kentucky. I have been reading AH posts/articles for a while and decided to finally join.

About me:
I have been an avid outdoorsman since before I can remember (first squirrel shot when I was 3). I have hunted in Kentucky, Virginia, Missouri, and Arizona (I have also lived in all of these places). I have not hunted in Africa yet, and have only briefly visited Morocco.

My favorite hunts to date: AZ archery elk, self-guided mountain lion

Dream Africa Hunts:
1- Elephant
2- Leopard (was #1 until I chanced across AH)
3- Gemsbok/Oryx (I saw one free range in New Mexico and have been fascinated ever since)

Current stable:
300 wby, 30-06, 270 win, 30-30, 12 ga (3 1/2), & my PSE StingerX (bow)

I am looking forward to my time here!
 
Welcome to AH BourbonTrail! Nice to have you join us on the posting side.
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome! You found the right place to learn about hunting Africa. I reside in Northern Kentucky, and have one South African hunt under my belt. Hoping to return soon.
 
Welcome! You found the right place to learn about hunting Africa. I reside in Northern Kentucky, and have one South African hunt under my belt. Hoping to return soon.
Thanks Aegis, I am down near Lexington. I have learned way more here than I would have expected, and I am looking forward to my first trip when I am ready(ish).
 
Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community.
 
Welcome Bourbon Trail.
 
Hello BourbonTrail,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to AH !
 
BourbonTrail, glad you decided to join the AH forum! Tons of great info here to help get you to Africa! Enjoy!
 
Welcome to AH, it could be worse you could be in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,162
Members
170,526
Latest member
MariePayto
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top