Greetings from Down Under

Bren7X64

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SSAA, Australian Deer Association
Hi all,

I've been a member of this forum for a while, but haven't really been active - more like lurking.

I am an ex-SAFFA and live in Aus and love hunting and shooting.

I'm unskulking because my cousin and I want to do a South African "safari" next year in April (yes, I know the time isn't perfect, but that's when he can get away) and I have questions to ask.

Neither of us are spring chickens, and I have knee problems so may have to lurk in a hide somewhere (BOOOOO).

Please be patient with me.

Last edited:
Glad you joined in. Welcome! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to the community, glad to have you. What were you planning on hunting?

Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Welcome, plenty of knowledge and experience to draw from on this site. Ask away

Welcome to AH sir. The outfitters can help with the knee issues. Lots of ways to safari hunt in Africa.

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place!

Welcome to AH Bren7X64! Glad you decided to join the conversation… You cam to a good place to do your planning.

Welcome!

Hunt within your limitations, that is a reality for all of us.

Ask away with your questions.

Welcome to the posting side.

Welcome to AH and enjoy the ride.

Welcome aboard. I have arthritis in both knees and one ankle. I informed the outfitter ahead of time and was told that they could make accommodations for my physical issues. I leave in August, I'll be able to speak to this issue once I return. I want to make sure that my outfitter "walks the walk" on this issue. I'm not familiar with the acronym SAFFA, what does that mean?

Welcome to AH, most outfitters can accommodate you. I wouldn't worry about it.

Hello & Welcome Bren7X64,

There is some great hunting to be had in April in South Africa, and there are many reputable outfits capable of providing a great safari given any physical limitations. Fire away with your questions.... (y)

Hi again, and thanks for the rousing welcome.

I feel at home already - now to find a chair and sit back and put my feet up on the coffee table :)

For Shootist43's benefit, I better explain that a SAFFA is Australian slang for a South African - when they're not calling us Japies (pronounced more like "yuppies" here).

I am still finalising what we want out of our hunt with my cousin- another member of the SA diaspora, who lives in Canada - so I will get back as soon as I hear from him. Should I then ask questions in the African Hunting forum?

What we're looking for so far is a general Plains Game hunt - looking for the most common animals, probably not the bontebok and speciality springbuck although goodness knows what will happen if my cousin sees a bronze springbuck or something like that - I'm sure he'll end up sleeping on the couch when he gets back. ;)

I'm looking at bringing my 9.3x62 with Woodleigh 250 gr PP bullets. I suspect it may not be perfect at long distances, but certainly out to 200 - maybe 250m it should drop anything DRT (if I do my part).

Thanks again

Last edited:
Welcome to AH. There are many great outfitters here to help you out with your planning.

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg