G'day from Australia

Karumba

Reaction score
Just a quick introduction as I have just joined this forum. I am an experienced Aussie bowhunter but have never hunted in Africa. Like many who have joined this forum before me I have just booked to hunt in Namibia next year. I will be taking my wife and daughter with me as non-hunting companions and as a family we are very excited about returning to the "Dark Continent".
I look forward to learning as much as I can from the members of this forum.
Next year seems so very far away - I don't know how I will survive the wait.

Welcome to the best forum in the world when it comes to hunting in Africa. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Where in Namibia are you going?

Well first off welcome to AH! You have come to the right place. You now have a problem. You will never stop thinking about Africa. You will think about it every day till you go. Then when you come back all you will think about is how can I go back?

Enjoy the sight. Every thing you need is here. If you don't see the awnsers then ask away. Enjoy!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the forum, Karumba !

Welcome to AH Karumba! Please share some of your pictures with us... Looking forward to reading your posts and feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome.
You are about to find out what the longest year of your life is. :)

Welcome to the best forum on the internet, period.

IF YOU GO ONCE-YOU WILL RETURN-DEAL WITH IT

Welcome to the site. You'll chew up s..t load of time here...be warned though "Africa" will take over your life...
and why not!

Cheers.

... I have just booked to hunt in Namibia next year. I will be taking my wife and daughter with me as non-hunting companions and as a family we are very excited about returning to the "Dark Continent".

...Next year seems so very far away - I don't know how I will survive the wait.

Karumba - you think this wait is going to be bad? Wait till you come back after your safari and you start planning your next hunt. That's a tough wait!

Welcome and enjoy the planning, this is the longest part of the hunt you get to savor so make the most of it! Hanging out here will help, a few old safari books will help as well, and some time in the field with your safari rifle - practice being on safari!

Cheers mate.

Karumba

Welcome to AH.

The year will go very quickly with planning and getting your stuff in order.

If you do not have a check list you can obtain one from your outfitter.

most of the items you have will probably work, however some items are hard to find and local retailers usually do not stock or have difficulty in getting so i off the following for you to use.

Check Safari Press out for reading material

Long Grass for hard to find items. and a trip planing timeline checklist for the month by month items to do.

And African Sporting for some hard to come by items.

Just a quick introduction as I have just joined this forum. I am an experienced Aussie bowhunter but have never hunted in Africa. Like many who have joined this forum before me I have just booked to hunt in Namibia next year. I will be taking my wife and daughter with me as non-hunting companions and as a family we are very excited about returning to the "Dark Continent".
Dear Karumba
Welcome to this FORUM. Take time to participate in the discussions, share your experience and views - it is valuable to others.
Enjoy the planning process of your scheduled safari - it is a huge part of the safari.
...The magic of Africa will entice you to visit and then draw you back time and time again...

Welcome to AH Karumba!

Thank you all for your generous and warm welcome. I look forward to the opportunity to share our experiences with you.

Hello Karumba.

Waiting - How I know the feeling!

The AH members will help answer any question. You just have to ask.

G'day Karumba, welcome to the site and best wishes for the very best of hunting luck on your trip to Namibia.

You only ever have one "first" African Safari.
Saviour the anticipation and build-up.

Best regards,

Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois