- Home Page:
Share This Page
- daggaboyblog was last seen:
- Oct 26, 2016
- Home Page:
- State/Province of residence:
- Country of residence:
- How did you find AfricaHunting.com?:
- Web search
- I am a:
- Member of:
- Peninsular Firearms Academy
- Have you hunted in Africa?:
- Number of times I have hunted in Africa:
- 40 days in total
- My favorite African country:
- Botswana, but Zimbabwe is gaining ground!
- Australia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malta
- Species I have hunted in Africa:
- Impala, Black-Faced Impala, Southern Greater Kudu, Gemsbok, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Limpopo Bushbuck, Chobe Bushbuck, Cape Buffalo, all varieties of Springbok, lots of Warthogs, Steenbok, Burchell's Zebra, Hartmann Mountain Zebra, Bushpig, Common & Mountain Reedbuck, Blesbok, Bontebok, Red Lechwe, Cape Eland, Waterbuck, Sable, Nyala, Tsesebe, Spotted Hyena, Black-Backed Jackal, Porcupine, Chacma Baboon, Caracal, Genet, Wild Cat and Guineafowl.
- My best African Trophy:
- 37" Dagga boy taken wild and free on a 10 day foot safari in Gwayi, Zimbabwe in the Mopani forest along the Kana River. But my hyena and both bushbuck are right up there!
- My preferred weapon(s):
- Brno ZKK602 .450 Ackley Magnum (custom)... but I couldn't be without my .308 Win, .220 Swift, .300 WBY Mag...the list is endless. I need the whole safe.
- What weapon(s) do you hunt with?:
- My preferred optic(s):
Leupold. Awesome and affordable.
The 1.5-5 x 20mm is brillant.
- Gear I cannot live without:
- Scarpa boots, Leupold rangefinder, Canon cameras.
- My best hunting tip:
Allow some time at the beginning of your hunt to acclimatize to the light and the habitat; you want to understand the environment you are hunting as best you can.
A quick shot up close should be right on the money as soon as you pull the butt of the rifle into your shoulder if you've prepared well the rifle should lift, point and shoot!
- My other interests:
- Bird and mammal taxidermy, mostly my own.