Bull Elephant Hunt In Zimbabwe 2023

I Hunted with Dalton a few years back for a Double Cape Buffalo in The Omay South. He is a Hard working PH that Never gives up. I went on a Bull Ele Hunt with a Diffrent Outfitter a couple years ago and Dalton was going to be the PH but he couldn't make it so they brought in another PH. Good Luck
Dalton is my PH for my buff,croc,hippo hunt in September. I’m super excited to hunt with him.

I can’t wait to read your hunt report on this epic safari. Sounds like it will truly be the hunt of a lifetime.
I spoke with D&Y at SCI. The Omay is truely wild Africa.

Congrats and good luck with the hunt Toby.

Will you be making a replica set of the tusks? What becomes of the ivory tusks since you can bring them to the US?

BTW will we be seeing more of your famous kitchen island pictures so you can fund this additional trophy fee?

Regards,

Kevin where did this great picture come from please? I would love to buy a copy
I believe it was a painting of Karamojo Bell, by John Seerey Lester, done for a book cover.

Congrats and good luck with the hunt Toby.

Will you be making a replica set of the tusks? What becomes of the ivory tusks since you can bring them to the US?

BTW will we be seeing more of your famous kitchen island pictures so you can fund this additional trophy fee?

Regards,
I was thinking about getting replicas done. Although I haven't priced them yet. Besides my 2 R8 rifles, I'd have to sell my whole safe full of guns to make a dent! Haha!

Congratulations on getting it started! Looking forward to the report and the songs!

Toby congratulation on the decision to go after your dreams on this hunt. I spoke with D&Y at DSC and the Omay is on the short list for a future trip. We have 2024 and 2025 booked already. I am looking forward to your hunt report already.

This is a 10 day hunt. Will definitely be a lot to fit in!
First, good for you. I would never fault someone for hunting elephants. ;)

Secondly, If I remember you were hunting a tuskless and a buffalo which can be challenging to fit in a ten day hunt if you are picky about the buffalo, let alone finding a shootable tuskless (without a calf).

If logistics fit in, I would expand the hunt to 15 days so you can have some choices on the bull and not have to shoot first one you see in a rush due to time running out.

Good of your outfitter to allow you to add the tag. Most would have added it on along with extra days.

I believe it was a painting of Karamojo Bell, by John Seerey Lester, done for a book cover.

I love the painting and just bought a copy. Thanks Kevin for posting and chasing down the artist info.

HH

First, good for you. I would never fault someone for hunting elephants. ;)

Secondly, If I remember you were hunting a tuskless and a buffalo which can be challenging to fit in a ten day hunt if you are picky about the buffalo, let alone finding a shootable tuskless (without a calf).

If logistics fit in, I would expand the hunt to 15 days so you can have some choices on the bull and not have to shoot first one you see in a rush due to time running out.

Good of your outfitter to allow you to add the tag. Most would have added it on along with extra days.
I agree, a few more days would've been nice. But, I'm pretty much stuck with the 10 days. I plan to prioritize the bull elephant, and let the rest come as they may. I doubt I'll get all three, but ya never know!

Not sure if you meant to say "you can bring them to the the US" or of you meant to say can't?

Either way, having replicas cast from the originals is a great idea. I highly recommend TCI in Bulawayo for this. And they make some great hand carved bases although they are heavy and with shipping costs these days, one has to consider the options.

@TOBY458 are you hunting an exportable bull or a non trophy/non exportable bull? I didn't see where you clarified in the thread. An exportable elephant bull with the proper paperwork from a reputable outfitter who uses part of the funds to do poaching control and supports the local communities with an organized program, should not be a problem to get cleared for import to the US. Just be sure to have someone with a record of recently getting elephants approved do your import documents.

Best of luck Toby!

Congrats and best of luck with your bull. There are some big and beautiful bulls lurking about the Omay. Dalton and York are the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReneeKirch

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!