Buffalo Pictures

Not as impressive as your pics Jerome, but here's the biggest I have ever managed.
Shot in 1990 Kasonso, Zambia.
Poor pics as light was fading and lions were all around us, as they had been hunting the herd I shot this from.
We cut it up after dark and they never left us, coming within 20 yards at times.
Not sure on measurements as it never made it home to be a trophy. The PH reckoned 47 " though. Not sure about that !
All best
Tony

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
tap here are a couple of photos of one european mount. the shoulder mount buff is the first animal bigger than a rabbit i ever shot its 44.5inches. the skull mount i think was about 41 inches.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Wow... These buffs are just huge! And love the vintage pics especially!

Will post some pics of my buffs in the future after I've hunted them...

wow brick. if thats what a 43" er looks like thats pretty much what i have in mind. i dont know why but for some reason the coolest and meanest mount i have ever seen is a euro mount done on a big ol buff bull with that classic shape. i want a buff euro as a center piece in my trophy room somethin bad.

Once they get that big it is astounding how close they all look in width 40 to 43 on a Buffalo.
Three inches is only a little over tow thumb widths on either side of those horns.

I know all the old hats at shooting Buffalo want those big old worn down guys, and it make sense from a breeding and sustainability perspective, but for my first one i want a 100 R'r.

Hope you find yours.

Here's a pic of the ideal buff, does anyone have any idea of how big this guy is? he came off of spiral horns website

View attachment 10236

You see that guy, shoot him. It will be right in your ball park for size for what you are looking for.

Im with you brick. to heck with those conservative minded guys. I just give in and figure they will always just be better than me and I'm fine with that. how many guys do you know here in america that pass up the herd bulls in our elk herds because they are "breeding" bulls? Yeah thats what I thought. all my friends do it to. Just last year my best buddy passed up a 430" free range elk because he was a young bull and still breeding. he hated the thought of shooting him when there was an old past his prime bull all busted up somewhere in the thick stuff just waiting to die. He could hardly wait to find his 250" bull that he passed up that 430"er for.

Tap

My photos shows a 42 1/2 inches with great drop and bosses.

A live on the hoof one was guessed to be in the 41 inch mark that is also there for you to see.

Can't Waite to see what you bring home.

Shoot well

43 inches, 17.5 inches bosses buffalo shot last year in Zimbabwe...

Big.png

that was my dad's buf, now the one I shot and made me VERY happy!
Old dugga boy, shot on a charge, last shot 5 feet away, between the eyes with a 458 WM (you can see the bullet entry middle above the eyes), way cool...

IMG_0015.jpg

that was my dad's buf, now the one I shot and made me VERY happy!
Old dugga boy, shot on a charge, last shot 5 feet away, between the eyes with a 458 WM (you can see the bullet entry middle above the eyes), way cool...

View attachment 10471

I'll bet it made you happy. If you did not shoot it you would be VERY sad, given those circumstances.

watermark.php

Current SCI #3 Rifle Cape or Southern Buffalo 136 6/8

watermark.php

Current SCI #5 Rifle Cape or Southern Buffalo 136 1/8

Are you sure about these measurements. 5/8 of an inch difference?
That top one looks like a much bigger buffalo.

Photo perspective must make such a difference if those scores are correct.

Brickburn, it's the camera angles.

jepetto62, your cape buffalo, would score very high in my system, nice and mature....congrats!!! I do like you dad's too, nice and massive.

Yes, depends on how you take the pic.
Showing the bosses will look like the spread is reduced, reversibly looking from a lower level will show more spread... you can take various pics and convince people it is not the same buff...
Thank you for congratulation, this buff was exactly what I was looking for...old, well-worn and bad-tempered. And I got even more than I asked with the charge, he was major pissed-off, this was one of the most exciting hunting time ever!

Find on the Net

NO Comment

Attachments

• the-buffalos-team-up-to-b44e-diaporama.jpg
    the-buffalos-team-up-to-b44e-diaporama.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 297
some buffalo art/paintings

See attached pictures...

Attachments

• v10.jpg
    v10.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 271
  • v16.jpg
    v16.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 579938_10152079801713538_2080037905_n_zpse8e211f4.jpg
    579938_10152079801713538_2080037905_n_zpse8e211f4.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 309
  • BuffaloBullsAtBay_n_zpsba91e299.jpg
    BuffaloBullsAtBay_n_zpsba91e299.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 273
  • TheonlykitchentileIeverliked_n_zpsc858c911.jpg
    TheonlykitchentileIeverliked_n_zpsc858c911.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 252
  • ThreelionsattemptingtodragdownabuffaloagravurefromDrLivingstonesTravels1858_n_zps311fc7df.jpg
    ThreelionsattemptingtodragdownabuffaloagravurefromDrLivingstonesTravels1858_n_zps311fc7df.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 250
I didn't shoot him, but we were very close to him in Bots.

564.jpg

My two best buffalo. 46 and 42

watermark.php

watermark.php

I guess the upper one is the the one that measured 46 and both are shooters for sure, but I'd take that lower one everytime over the first. That's my dream buff there!!

Hello,

Impressive ! Good shot !
Double or rifle ?
Would you tell me what was the caliber used to shoot these bufs, please ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross