Black Mamba Pictures

Studio_20160202_204647.jpg
 
Studio_20160202_205215.jpg
 
Studio_20160202_204948.jpg
 
Studio_20160202_203705.png
 
Studio_20160202_210718.jpg
 
Studio_20151226_153040.jpg
 
I've only seen a black mamba from the safety of a Toyota 4x4 but in Tanzania I had an interesting experience with a green mamba. While having lunch a lizard fell on the dining table from a small opening in the thatch roof. A few seconds later a green mamba came crashing down through the same opening and fell on the table. I've never seen a group [including myself] clear out from a table faster than that!!!!
 
Black Mamba Namibia - 8 foot 1 inches (2.46 meter)

full
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If that thing ever crosses my path just bring me my shoes....I won't be in them for sure.
 
Coffin head= Mr Black Mamba

full
 
Great post! I've read every single post, and enjoyed every picture and video. I love snakes, and the ones I've killed was because my life is in danger. When I went to SA, I told my PH I wanted to see a Mamba and a Cobra, but we never did, it was tool cold.
 
Great post! I've read every single post, and enjoyed every picture and video. I love snakes, and the ones I've killed was because my life is in danger. When I went to SA, I told my PH I wanted to see a Mamba and a Cobra, but we never did, it was tool cold.

I love snakes too, I have been lucky to see Black Mamba, Cobra, Rock Python, and the coolest of all, a Cape Cobra, really stunning animal. There are also large lizards which are quite interesting.
 
Nyati, you are so lucky, and I am glad you were able to see them. Seeing them in the wild is never like seeing them behind the glass. Back in the early 80s, I would go to the Miami Serpentarium and watched Dr. Haast play with snakes and the largest King Cobra I've seen. This cobra's head stood about 3 ft off the ground, and Dr. Hasst would kiss it in the forehead. After him playing this magnificent Cobra, he would milk it and the amount of venom that came from that snakes was out of this world. Dr. Haast used the venom from all the snakes he had to produce anti-venom for snake bite victims. He had been bitten so many times, and by just about every venomous snake that he became immune to snake bites.

Here is a short read about Dr. Haast. http://www.miamiserpentarium.com/legend.html

I noticed that you are in Madrid, Spain. When I was station in Europe, I went to Madrid & Zaragoza with the military. Loved it! I can only dream of an authentic Paella. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Two uncles of mine went to school in Spain, unfortunately I do not remember where.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack this post.

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 10.11.15 PM.png
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 10.11.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 10.11.24 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 398
Last edited by a moderator:
If you are bitten by the dreaded mamba is it possible to get anti-venom out in the bush before you check out?
 
If you are bitten by the dreaded mamba is it possible to get anti-venom out in the bush before you check out?
There have been documented cases of a person dying in less than an hour. Although they say death can occur on average between 2-6 hours depending on certain factors. Not much time to find anti venom
 
I read an article of a woman bitten by a Black Mamba in KwaZulu Natal last year. She spent a week in intensive care. Anti- venom saved her life.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,941
Members
169,655
Latest member
NehuSinhi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top