B. Searcy 500/416 NE

Matt, take us up on it. It's a gift. It's something we want to do, for you. No guilt on your part. It's a gift.

Alright, idea #2
AH raffle, 250 tickets @50 bucks each=$12500

Who the hell wouldn't jump at that one?

I'm in for the $20 or if we raffle at $250 I'm in for that as well.

I'd be in for a raffle to help you out. I've been eyeing up a Searcy double locally that's a two barrel set - 470 & 375 Express. It's marked down to what I consider a fair price but after seeing the way Matt's issue has been handled I think I'll stear clear.

im fine with raffling the rifle off assuming its "ok" with @AfricaHunting.com. as long as enough people buy tickets to cover the rifles cost then i personally see no issue and it actually might be kind of fun. im not looking to make a profit here so if people buy more tickets then i paid for the rifle then i will donate the remainder to the forum. lets say the cap is $12000 this would cover the rifle, repairs, and shipping to the new owner. anything over $12k would be donated to the forum assuming it works out. if we cant get enough tickets sold for the rifle then i will refund all money or destroy the checks.

would be one heck of a deal for whoever won the raffle, $50 (or what ever we decide is the base price) for an $11000 double rifle and a full reloading set-up! aside from the chamber issues (which Searcy claims to have fixed) the rifle actually shot very well and was quite pleasant to shoot.

-matt

I am in for either plan. Although my preference is to see Matt enjoy his rifle at the end of this process.

Sounds like we just need approval from Jerome on the raffle idea, which Matt appears to endorse.

Seems like a winner to me!

I'm in for option 1 or 2

Matt, take us up on it. It's a gift. It's something we want to do, for you. No guilt on your part. It's a gift.

Even if this raffle doesn't get off the ground, just the suggestion of it shows just what good people inhabit AH.

I'm up for either one. Truth be known I would like Matt to be able to enjoy his rifle. That's what he bought it for in the first place. I have a Searcy and really enjoy mine, and I would like him to enjoy his. I would support either option.

we must have at least 10 contributors already ?

I do not want the rifle, but would contribute the price of a ticket to the cause. Just would need someone to let me know in the event I miss seeing it here.

Either way Matt, I'd like to help out, either accept the Searcy bail out or I'm donating my 20 to Hillamonster/Pain Campaign! Lol:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

yeesh don't remind me of the cost of drinks at the last SCI show. :eek:

I sent Jerome a PM asking if it would be acceptable to run a raffle for the rifle. if he gives the "ok" then ill set up a thread just for the raffle and come up with a price and a deadline for the event.

I really appreciate all your offers to send me money but id be much more comfortable giving something in return for money rather then just taking money. plus the raffle would give people a chance at a rifle they could not afford otherwise.

-matt

Either way Matt, I'd like to help out, either accept the Searcy bail out or I'm donating my 20 to Hillamonster/Pain Campaign! Lol:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Hey! Stop that!

I almost barfed........

looks like we may have a "go" for raffling off the rifle. i need to come up with a fair efficient method for it and run in past the admin but otherwise we should be fine.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you