B. Searcy 500/416 NE

I put in a big order at SCI for the new swift ammo loaded with the new solids and A Frames... Nothing yet, been thinking of calling for an update but have not found time yet.

they exist but they are still pretty rare. to order them you need to call Swift and order over the phone.

P1000178.JPG
P1000179.JPG
P1000180.JPG

Not that much of a difference for sure! I agree with you stug!

They look a bit like the Woodleigh Hydros.

Not that much of a difference for sure! I agree with you stug!

they are close, but there is one really big difference... these have a lead core. having a lead core means the bullet isnt as long as standard brass bullets of the same weight so it will work better in cartridges with limited case capacity (375 Ruger, 416 Ruger, 416 RM, and 500 Jeffery just to name a few).

-matt

That is an advantage. The 400gr Woodleigh Hydros in .423 are quite a bit longer than the 400gr softs. That would have to effect case capacity and pressure.

I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but I like how Swift brought in the shoulder near the tip. The Woodleigh tip is fatter and although I think the tip helps them feed, I have had them hang up and require some ectra force on the bolt to feed them. I suspect the Swift will feed easier in a bolt gun.

ok its time for an update, here is the latest emails between me and Searcy:

Me:
any news on the rifle?
thank you
-Matt

Searcy:
Matt, I apologize for the delay. I have the rifle shooting fine I had a customer that leaves in two week for a hunt . I need to adjust the ejectors and I'll get that done next week. email me next Thursday to get a shipping date.
Take care

Searcy:
Matt,
The rifle is ready to ship. Use this email as a receipt for services rendered.
Cost of repair plus shipping is $840.00. The normal cost for the same would have been over $1500.00.
Make check out to BLS Ventures, Inc.
Take care
Butch

Me:
we had agreed that this was a factory defect and you would fix it free of charge. now after waiting two years for it to be fixed you have decided to charge me?
-Matt

Searcy:
By the way for about three years I couldn't work because of health problems so I'd be happy it's coming back

so now im trying to see if Searcy will buy the rifle from me seeing as I cant afford to pay his fee. I really want this whole thing to end and offered him a very good price for the rifle.

-matt

Matt,
Post what you want for the rifle plus the repair fee. Might take care of two birds with one stone my friend. Also everyone knows what they are getting right from Butch's shop repaired. Just thinking out loud

@Bullthrower338 has a good idea.

Truth? Butch shouldn't be charging you, no way, not if he promised not to from the get-go. In my mind, that's just plain wrong. It wasn't your fault you had to wait so long and his comment basically saying you should be happy you're getting it back at all is pretty much a slap in the face. And then, to throw a $840 bill on top? Not professional, one bit.

My first thought was, Butch is going back on his word and doesn't deserve to have that behavior validated.

Second thought was, Matt doesn't deserve to get screwed.

Third thought was, how about 40 of us toss $20 each into a pile and bail this rifle out of Purgatory?

????

I paid $11,000 for the rifle and close to $1000 for the supplies.

so im asking $10,000 for the rifle and the repairs are $840. the supplies ill throw in free which include dies, bullets, and a life time supply of brand new Norma brass.

-matt

Third thought was, how about 40 of us toss $20 each into a pile and bail this rifle out of Purgatory?

????

I appreciate the thought, but I couldn't accept the money.

if Searcy declines my offer to sell him the gun then I will either take him to court for the rifle or start saving my pennies to pay him off.

-matt

My first thought was, Butch is going back on his word and doesn't deserve to have that behavior validated.

Second thought was, Matt doesn't deserve to get screwed.

????
I'm in

I'm willing and Matt doesn't have to accept the money, Butch does.

What do you say Matt?

I know this puts you on the spot a bit, but you got some willing buds here who are ready to do something to make this happen. Unless you just want to move on from the rifle, which I'd understand.

Looks like we're up to $80 already! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaniaMorfo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!