AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, AK SCI
Hunted
U.S.A. NJ, TX, AZ, AK. Limpopo and the Kalihari in South Africa. Eastern Cape RSA 2017.
I'm in for either option.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
ok, ill try $50 a ticket. i wont have a limit per person so people can buy multiple tickets.

how much time should i give the raffle? i leave for Namibia on the 20th of next month so it either needs to end before that or start after that.

-matt

Would wait till you get back from trip to start!

Clayton

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Member of
NRA: Patriot Life Endowment Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation: Life Member LA Shooting Association: Life Member, Gun Owners of America: Annual Member SW LA Rifle & Pistol Club: Annual Member
Would wait till you get back from trip to start!

Good idea. Probably sell more tickets and has less potential for schedule conflicts and delivery/shipping problems.

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
I think Im going to wait until after my trip later this month. getting the raffle just right is proving a little tricky and I leave for Namibia in two weeks.

the moderators want to make sure that no one can sue me or the forum (sad that we need to worry about that) so I need to word it in a certain way and have lots of legal jargon in there.

-matt

MS Hitman

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, Handgun Hunters International, Quail Forever, SCI, DSC, DU
Hunted
USA (MS, LA, WV, CO, TX, AL, AR, & NM), South Africa, New Brunswick, Canada
I'm in for $20 Matt, and I would never remotely consider doing business with Searcy after this matter.

MS Hitman

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, Handgun Hunters International, Quail Forever, SCI, DSC, DU
Hunted
USA (MS, LA, WV, CO, TX, AL, AR, & NM), South Africa, New Brunswick, Canada
Sorry, lost track of the progress/changes. I'm interested in the raffle, too, not so much to win (yeah, who wouldn't want it), but more so to help Matt out of a pinch.

Thank you sir! I have no luck regarding raffles, but like you, am interested in helping out Matt.

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I think Im going to wait until after my trip later this month. getting the raffle just right is proving a little tricky and I leave for Namibia in two weeks.

the moderators want to make sure that no one can sue me or the forum (sad that we need to worry about that) so I need to word it in a certain way and have lots of legal jargon in there.

-matt

Have a safe hunt, and I am quite sure we will get this sorted when you are back. Have fun! Post pictures!

Albert GRANT

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Keeping an eye out for this- even with money being tight right now, it's worth a chance at a rifle I would NEVER otherwise own!

sandman0921

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI (Life), RMEF (Life), DU, NWTF, NRA (Patron Life), GOA, DSC (Life), WSF (Life), B&C Club (Sponsor Associate Member), USSA (Associate Member)
Hunted
USA (GA, TN, AR, TX, FL, UT, NM, WY, MT, AK, IL, MO, IA); Canada (NWT, BC); Africa (Tanzania)
Like I said earlier, I'm game. Put me down for 2 tickets. I'm glad this will be able to help you out....and like others have said it would be a neat rifle to own.

Have a good hunt, and definitely post some pics on your return. Good luck!

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
What are you hunting this trip Matt?

Heym 88

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
DSC
Hunted
US
:A Big Hello:I'm leaving for Alaska on the 15th of this month and returning the 31st. I'll have to keep an eye out because I want two tickets as well.

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
What are you hunting this trip Matt?

PG and Hyena.

thanks all, I will post here when I get the raffle going. it will not likely start till September so those of you hunting this month don't need to worry about missing it.

-matt

Last edited:

ActionBob

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
Good luck on the hunt Matt! Hyena is fun!!!

Taking your dad with?

And yea put me down for a ticket;)

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
so I told Searcy about the raffle and here is his response:

Matt
I'm not going to be involved in your raffle. I will send the rifle to you as soon as I receive shipping expense.
Butch

such a friendly guy (heavy sarcasm)... at any rate this means I will be able to take some pictures for raffle (no idea what he wants for shipping yet though).

-matt

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
so I told Searcy about the raffle and here is his response:

such a friendly guy (heavy sarcasm)... at any rate this means I will be able to take some pictures for raffle (no idea what he wants for shipping yet though).

-matt

If he is sending it do you still need to raffle it off? Sounds like you are getting your rifle back.

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
If he is sending it do you still need to raffle it off? Sounds like you are getting your rifle back.

im betting he hasnt changed his mind about wanting the money. the raffle idea was to help pay the repair bill and help me get rid of the rifle, both of those issues still exist if he sends it back to me. the repairs and shipping are still $1000 (he asked for $150 for return shipping).

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EileenTen8

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.