B. Searcy 500/416 NE

Discussion in 'Double Rifles' started by matt85, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Moosemind

Moosemind AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Alaska
    Any updates on the Searcy?

2. matt85

matt85 AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, and Namibia
    its for sale for $6000 OBO in the classifieds as a fixer gun. i dont have the time or the money to get it repaired so im hoping someone out there is willing to put in what i cannot.

-matt

3. Alexandro Faria

Alexandro Faria AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    SA wingshooters, GOSA,
    Hunted:
    RSA, Namibia, Botswana
    I'm not having a go at you, please don't think I'm contradicting you: No one cares about the guns made well, that's the expectation when you pay for a high-end product. It's meant to function properly and flawlessly, that's the point. Brand image is everything, especially with quality products. Yes, there are always lemons, that's inevitable, but then it is the responsibility of the builder to fix the issues properly and quickly.

My point is this: Not only was the FA an issue from the start, but the service provided has been shocking, assuming Matt has provided the true details. Imagine a brand like BMW treating their customers like this??

Frankly it's disgraceful. If Searcy had a PR devision they would be pulling their hair out.

ve7poi likes this.

4. jeff

jeff AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    sci P&Y
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
    To me I find it amazing that the builder refuses to work on his own product! I'm not saying it should be warranty, just repaired correctly.