B. Searcy 500/416 NE

Sounds good Matt, Give people a number based on when you receive their money, then use a random number generator (plenty online) to pick the winner.
Just watch your local rules about raffling a rifle, you cannot do it in NZ. Sometimes you might need to have a question they answer as well. Such as "What country did Matt85 shoot his cape buffalo in?"

Awesome, a little logistics and problem solved!

I've been doing a bit of reading on raffle rules, it could expose you to all sorts of legal and tax issues, because it is a game of chance. You might need to run it as a competition, say a photo competition $50 entry fee. Get Jerome to pic the "best" photo.

Sounds good Matt, Give people a number based on when you receive their money, then use a random number generator (plenty online) to pick the winner.
Just watch your local rules about raffling a rifle, you cannot do it in NZ. Sometimes you might need to have a question they answer as well. Such as "What country did Matt85 shoot his cape buffalo in?"

its legal to raffle/give away firearms in the US, the requirement would be that the winner pick the firearm up from a licensed firearms dealer.

-matt

My only suggestion is to keep the ticket price on the lower side, with an attendant higher number of tickets available, to make it accessible to the maximum number of people. Would not go higher than $50/ticket.

Just my $0.02, fwiw.

Tim

i was just about to ask what you guys thought the tickets should cost. $50 a ticket would require 240 tickets be sold or I would have to cancel the raffle. im afraid it would be difficult to sell that many tickets. $75 a ticket would require 160 tickets be sold which seems like a more realistic number but it does make the tickets a tad expensive. we could meet in the middle at $60 a ticket and I would need to sell 200 tickets.

im up for ideas!

-matt

You may need to set up a PayPal account for entrants wishing to purchase tickets from outside of the USA .

i have paypal, but international firearms sales is a whole different ball game of which i know nothing about. im willing to ship the firearm to any legal FFL holder in the USA. an international winner would be responsible for figuring out how to get the rifle out of country.

-matt

i have paypal, but international firearms sales is a whole different ball game of which i know nothing about. im willing to ship the firearm to any legal FFL holder in the USA. an international winner would be responsible for figuring out how to get the rifle out of country.

-matt

correct , however I was referring to the preferred and easiest payment method to purchase a raffle ticket from outside the USA

Matt,
About a year ago I helped a friend that was doing a raffle for his daughters debate trip or something. I think you will be surprised at how quick you will sell 250 tickets @$50.
I will handle the FFL transfer for anyone close to Houston free of charge if they win.
Cheers
Cody

I'm game.....but Matt I hate that you're not gonna get to have fun with the rifle you've waited so for long. I understand however.........

Once you guys set it up, I'll buy a ticket

I'm game.....but Matt I hate that you're not gonna get to have fun with the rifle you've waited so for long. I understand however.........

Once you guys set it up, I'll buy a ticket
If I win, I plan on having Matt continue on load development and get plenty of range time with it if he would be up for it.

ok, ill try $50 a ticket. i wont have a limit per person so people can buy multiple tickets.

how much time should i give the raffle? i leave for Namibia on the 20th of next month so it either needs to end before that or start after that.

-matt

This should be fun, but if it was me, I would keep the rifle and enjoy it. Go shoot a buff with it..

ok, ill try $50 a ticket. i wont have a limit per person so people can buy multiple tickets.

how much time should i give the raffle? i leave for Namibia on the 20th of next month so it either needs to end before that or start after that.

-matt
I'm good either way buddy! You might not want to deal with it while you are getting ready, or you might want extra funds for Namibia! Lol

This should be fun, but if it was me, I would keep the rifle and enjoy it. Go shoot a buff with it..

while waiting for this double to be fixed I purchased another 416 and have grown quite fond of it. even if I could afford to pay the repair bill for this rifle I would still sell it because I do not need two rifles chambered in a 416 cartridge. someday I will buy another double rifle but it will be in a larger caliber.

any ideas on how long I should run the raffle for? if I start it now it will have to end by the 20th of next month which seems pretty short.

-matt

while waiting for this double to be fixed I purchased another 416 and have grown quite fond of it. even if I could afford to pay the repair bill for this rifle I would still sell it because I do not need two rifles chambered in a 416 cartridge. someday I will buy another double rifle but it will be in a larger caliber.

any ideas on how long I should run the raffle for? if I start it now it will have to end by the 20th of next month which seems pretty short.

-matt
Heck, I would go ahead and start it, if you haven't reached the goal by then, extend it until you do after the hunt. I think you will reach your sales goal well before the 20th though. what are you thinking on a goal/cap? 200-250 tickets? I would personally do 250, pay for gun, shipping and some reloading gear.
I don't think any of Us on AH would worry about the interim of your trip. But it would surprise me if we can't get 250 tickets sold post haste.

I'll take 3 tickets where do I send the check?

im still working out the conditions with the staff. will start the raffle as soon as we can agree.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaniaMorfo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!