AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2021

So whats it take to attend a DSC ? Have never been, but always go to SCI. Just received refund for air fare from delta. The DSC web site says nothing about price etc. Looks like we can fly from Idaho right now for 237.00 each. Might be a good change.
I believe the day rate is $25 and $100 get you for the entire convention. You do not have to become a DSC member.

The biggest challenge with DSC is getting a hotel thats reasonably close to the convention center..

The Omni (next door to the convention center) always sells out within just a few minutes...

As long as you dont mind driving a little bit, there are lots of good hotels at decent prices a few miles away though..

I think the price to enter DSC is $25? Or if you sign up and become a member at the convention entrance is free..

Another option is to volunteer (this is what I do every year).. you work a couple of hours on one day of the convention (lots of options on volunteering.. everything from working the entrance, to manning a coffee cart, to security, to move in and move out, etc..) and then admission is free for the entire convention..

So whats it take to attend a DSC ? Have never been, but always go to SCI. Just received refund for air fare from delta. The DSC web site says nothing about price etc. Looks like we can fly from Idaho right now for 237.00 each. Might be a good change.

It takes far less cash to attend the DSC convention. No membership required and the passes are much cheaper.

i have a farm 62 miles ( 1 hour 2 minutes ) from convention center
my offer still stands , it would be outdoors and primitive condition , definitely could have campfires maybe some tents . i will cook huge pot of texas chili . i am also good at brisket , ribs , steaks if someone would bring them. lots of hotel/motels less than 5 minutes away

looking forward to dsc this time as i am currently planning first safari.

my offer still stands , it would be outdoors and primitive condition , definitely could have campfires maybe some tents . i will cook huge pot of texas chili . i am also good at brisket , ribs , steaks if someone would bring them. lots of hotel/motels less than 5 minutes away

looking forward to dsc this time as i am currently planning first safari.
want to add that im not trying to hijack the get together but mine is a sincere offer for outdoor place if thats whats needed/wanted

want to add that im not trying to hijack the get together but mine is a sincere offer for outdoor place if thats whats needed/wanted

A very generous offer, either way, I think you should bring a couple of briskets with you to DSC....

Reactions: WAB
Just buy a day pass, it is easy.

So just show up at door and buy ticket in ? Web site has zero info on it. Can they be pre purchased ?
Yes sir, no need to pre buy the tickets.

I drive over every year with my kids. We usually get a hotel about 5-10 min away and then Uber over each day. Cheaper hotel, no parking to mess with, makes it easy. Just buy tickets at the door, although I would say to keep watching the website this year in case they have to enforce 50 or 75% capacity rules. They might Pre-sell tickets as it get closer so they can cap daily admission. But that is just a guess.

I drive over every year with my kids. We usually get a hotel about 5-10 min away and then Uber over each day. Cheaper hotel, no parking to mess with, makes it easy. Just buy tickets at the door, although I would say to keep watching the website this year in case they have to enforce 50 or 75% capacity rules. They might Pre-sell tickets as it get closer so they can cap daily admission. But that is just a guess.
What @Mike B said is correct this year because of Covid rules. Normally you just walk in and buy 1, 2 or 3 day pass tickets. DSC as of last week hasn't determine the exact method of selling the tickets this year so far. Consider joining as a member and you will be notified directly by DSC of any changes being made up until the last minute.

So just show up at door and buy ticket in ? Web site has zero info on it. Can they be pre purchased ?
You may keep checking to see if there are advanced day pass sales. It is possible this year.
Banquet tickets go on sale THIS MORNING so if you plan on attending any banquets you better act fast.
Philip

When I talked to Kameron at DSC, she advised that capacity (at the moment) was limited to 60%. That could cause lines to get in to not exceed maximum occupancy. She suggested buying tickets ahead of time and have them mailed to you. You can skip the line to purchase tickets and only worry about the line to get in. That's my plan, at least.

DSC is free for military too.

I wish my place was close to the show, we would have our damn party! Enough booze is consumed during the annual AH dinner that there is no way the old corronie would stand a chance. And Jeffery Epstein didn’t kill himself.lol
Don't worry about the corronie stuff. It's looking more and more like we may be doing "Patriot shit" right about then....

Don't worry about the corronie stuff. It's looking more and more like we may be doing "Patriot shit" right about then....
I’m with you Brother, still got a couple votes left in me to deliver! Illegitimi non carborundum

Reports are that the City of Dallas have suspended all actives at the convention center until further notice. Guess we'll see how this plays out over the next few months.

Reports are that the City of Dallas have suspended all actives at the convention center until further notice. Guess we'll see how this plays out over the next few months.
So far, I only see early December cancelled.

On another note, the South Texas DSC chapter dinner was moved from February to April. The dinner is usually right after the convention.

I hate this but it should be no surprise to anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg