AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2020

Money sent for 2

@Edge, You're in +1! :A Thumbs Up:

Jerome - Karen & I just signed up. We look forward to having as good a time this year as we had last year! See you soon. Steve

I went to book my airline ticket to Dallas.
AA has a direct flight, so they are the choice.

AA website quotes 1094.00 USD yesterday. I assume I am bidding myself up yesterday because I started the search with a price of $1009.00 and got bounced to have their site come back with a higher price within ten seconds.

Get on their website this morning at poof a brand new price. Apparently I was bidding myself up. LOL
Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 12.21.32.png

I go to book it and that is where the trouble starts. They don't like where I am trying to purchase this ticket from. Being a foreigner and all.
I get redirected to the Canadian site and get this price quote:

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 12.21.23.png

The exact same seat on the same two planes.

I called AA directly and asked the AA CSR to explain to me how there was a $1500.00 premium placed on top of the ticket after currency exchange.
A blah blah BS explanation is provided. To which I reply: They just lost a customer.

Some internet problem solving ensued.
Travelocity.com and I got a slightly lower USD price than AA was offering FOR THE EXACT SAME SEATS and they can process a credit card from a foreign land.

Does AA care. Not in the least. Just another lesson learned;
The Airlines will gouge your wallet at every last opportunity and the algorithms used in your multiple web searches are working against you.

Now for a hotel. What kind of excitement awaits completing this chore?

I went to book my airline ticket to Dallas.
AA has a direct flight, so they are the choice.

AA website quotes 1094.00 USD yesterday. I assume I am bidding myself up yesterday because I started the search with a price of $1009.00 and got bounced to have their site come back with a higher price within ten seconds.

Get on their website this morning at poof a brand new price. Apparently I was bidding myself up. LOL
View attachment 315173

I go to book it and that is where the trouble starts. They don't like where I am trying to purchase this ticket from. Being a foreigner and all.
I get redirected to the Canadian site and get this price quote:

View attachment 315172

The exact same seat on the same two planes.

I called AA directly and asked the AA CSR to explain to me how there was a $1500.00 premium placed on top of the ticket after currency exchange.
A blah blah BS explanation is provided. To which I reply: They just lost a customer.

Some internet problem solving ensued.
Travelocity.com and I got a slightly lower USD price than AA was offering FOR THE EXACT SAME SEATS and they can process a credit card from a foreign land.

Does AA care. Not in the least. Just another lesson learned;
The Airlines will gouge your wallet at every last opportunity and the algorithms used in your multiple web searches are working against you.

Now for a hotel. What kind of excitement awaits completing this chore?

Where are you flying from?? And at that price are you chartering your own plane???

Where are you flying from?? And at that price are you chartering your own plane???

Three and a half hours away.

At that price I would have been expecting a charter.

Three and a half hours away.

At that price I would have been expecting a charter.
super first class with a BJ for three and a half hours is what that price should get you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamiroMcGu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg