Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Yes, Chinese ammo is here too.

adam12

AH senior member
Reaction score
That may be the case presently, bellero, but back in the early 90's you sure could buy all the Norinco ammo and guns and cheap Chinese SKS's you could want (for some ungodly reason). And this was in MASSACHUSETTS!!

bellero

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
CSSA, NFA
Hunted
Canada (AB,SK,MB,ON,QC), USA, Afghanistan
I always thought chinese made firearms and ammo were banned from entering the US since 1993?

adam12

AH senior member
Reaction score
Well, c'mon now, bellero ol' pal, just how much you wanna bust my chops on this? I said it was back in the early 90's, which by my calculations was about 87 years ago. AND the early 90's could be interpreted as 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 and beyond a couple years because he had a whole lot of stockpiled ammo that took awhile to deplete.

Can I get off the stand now or do you still want to cross examine me?

The main point is China products are SH!T, lousy in every respect and iin some cases (dog food, baby food, toys etc) deadly. CHINA is the modern dragon which must be slayed (slain).

So it would be a good thing if EVERYTHING made in CHINA was banned from entering the US. That, in fact, would be a good start to getting our country back to where it belongs.

bellero

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
CSSA, NFA
Hunted
Canada (AB,SK,MB,ON,QC), USA, Afghanistan
My comment wasn't directed towards you Adam, just a general enquiry for others that said it was still sold in the us.

Jamesfromjersey

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life member: SCI- NRA- NAHC- Reg.Member: Handgun Hunters Assoc. of South Africa #67- HHI #2900- FACA- SWCA- CCA- RCA
Hunted
South Africa
That's a damm shame.... Thank God the shooter was not badly hurt. Screw the Chinese....

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
That's a damm shame.... Thank God the shooter was not badly hurt. Screw the Chinese....

hi james i was getting excited there but then i realised you are from new jersey, not jersey.....;) and if thats the way you are inclined them please come to zambia as there are plenty for you to choose from......:D or nearly any other african country in fact!

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
Clinton banned the importation of Chinese ammunition a long time ago so I really doubt that it was the cause (unless this happened outside of the US). while you can still find some old Chinese ammunition floating around ive yet to see any in 44 Mag. im with the others saying that it was likely a case of improperly loaded hand loads.

-matt

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Looks just like what used to happen when we loaded AK47 ammo with pistol powder to drop in the bush for poachers and others to find back in the 70's!:)

I can imagine,that you and DOC -404 could tell us a lot of stories.
You know the book from Alexandra Fuller "Scribbling the Cat.Travels with an African Soldier" ?
To bad ,that you fellows are so far away :-(
Foxi

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Never seen ammo from China in US but wouldn't buy it anyway. What a shame that this mans gun was destroyed. He is however very lucky that it didn't kill him.

larry4831

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
very well could have been some handloads with the wrong powder

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Need to start a campaign against S&W revolvers like we have Blaser rifles! (Sorry, just in the mood to stir the pot).

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Iv'e used Tula Ammo a few times in 223 and 7.62 It has a funny smell and is quite dirty

Kano

AH senior member
Reaction score
"Chinese ammo", but they don't care to show the headstamp? I'd like to see that, and more details, before to draw conclusions...

I could be mistaken, but it looks more like a reloading accident, and original pictures hijacked from the Net and re-circulated with a meaningless caption.

Kano

AH senior member
Reaction score
I stumbled on the thread below while looking for something else. The same gun, in 2010, with an OP reporting:

"I received this as an email from a co-worker. I don't know any details other than what is below but I thought you guys might find this interesting.

A guy came into our department the other day to ask a favor. He had a S&W 629 (44 Mag.) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range. He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new hot load and the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared, this is what he saw.....

I wonder what kind of "Hot Load" he tried!?!"

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/123712-s-w-44-magnum-accident.html

The "Chinese ammo" bit must have been added later through the benevolence of the Internet re-posters...

Bert the Turtle

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
I had some Norinco .223 in the very early 90s. Gun stopped working within the first box. Turned out to have been a primer that popped out and fell into the trigger group. No harm done, but definitely not the ammo I'd choose for critical social purposes.

edward

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
is it, what goes around comes around, time now???

skoal

AH member
Reaction score
I have shot +50k rounds of norinco .223 out of my ar15 and own 3 norinco 1911's. Im in canada and
up here norinco is a very common choice for guns as well as ammo just becouse of the attractive price point $300 for a 1911 vs $1000+ from most other manufacturers.
Too me im guessing that gun went kaboom due to reloads and if it was factory ammo I wouldnt dump all my Chinese ammo due to this since ive seen more guns blow up from crappy factory ammo from many other manufacturers.

Pondoro

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia and Botswana
Looks just like what used to happen when we loaded AK47 ammo with pistol powder to drop in the bush for poachers and others to find back in the 70's!:)

I think the british SAS started doing this in the fifthies during the Mau Mau riot....they loaded .303 ammo with explosives and randomly tossed the ammo along dirt roads in the bush...gotta love such practise...(y)

Reagarding the odd ammo....we bought 10.000 5,56x45 Barnaul rounds (russian), steel cased FMJ, packed in civilian boxes....got them darn cheap..

Ammo worked very well in AR-15s and such.....but after shooting at a steel plate I suspected foul play...

Home again and dissected a bullet....yeah right, mild steel core...them russkies sold AP mil. ammo to the civilian marked....:ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khjwrgiowr01

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J
Good morning friends

i‘ve taken to heart a suggestion to tell my story about a lion hunt 37 years ago. ‘I don’t know, but am thinking there are site rules as to posting and file type. Three of the four posts (chapters?) are done, I took time away from here to write up the story. I have a couple of photos too.

also, I’m going to dissemble the rifles and see if Butch may have signed them. I’ll let you know.