.44 Magnum Accident

Yes, Chinese ammo is here too.

That may be the case presently, bellero, but back in the early 90's you sure could buy all the Norinco ammo and guns and cheap Chinese SKS's you could want (for some ungodly reason). And this was in MASSACHUSETTS!!

I always thought chinese made firearms and ammo were banned from entering the US since 1993?

Well, c'mon now, bellero ol' pal, just how much you wanna bust my chops on this? I said it was back in the early 90's, which by my calculations was about 87 years ago. AND the early 90's could be interpreted as 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 and beyond a couple years because he had a whole lot of stockpiled ammo that took awhile to deplete.

Can I get off the stand now or do you still want to cross examine me?

The main point is China products are SH!T, lousy in every respect and iin some cases (dog food, baby food, toys etc) deadly. CHINA is the modern dragon which must be slayed (slain).

So it would be a good thing if EVERYTHING made in CHINA was banned from entering the US. That, in fact, would be a good start to getting our country back to where it belongs.

My comment wasn't directed towards you Adam, just a general enquiry for others that said it was still sold in the us.

That's a damm shame.... Thank God the shooter was not badly hurt. Screw the Chinese....

That's a damm shame.... Thank God the shooter was not badly hurt. Screw the Chinese....

hi james i was getting excited there but then i realised you are from new jersey, not jersey.....;) and if thats the way you are inclined them please come to zambia as there are plenty for you to choose from......:D or nearly any other african country in fact!

Clinton banned the importation of Chinese ammunition a long time ago so I really doubt that it was the cause (unless this happened outside of the US). while you can still find some old Chinese ammunition floating around ive yet to see any in 44 Mag. im with the others saying that it was likely a case of improperly loaded hand loads.

-matt

Looks just like what used to happen when we loaded AK47 ammo with pistol powder to drop in the bush for poachers and others to find back in the 70's!:)

I can imagine,that you and DOC -404 could tell us a lot of stories.
You know the book from Alexandra Fuller "Scribbling the Cat.Travels with an African Soldier" ?
To bad ,that you fellows are so far away :-(
Foxi

Never seen ammo from China in US but wouldn't buy it anyway. What a shame that this mans gun was destroyed. He is however very lucky that it didn't kill him.

Need to start a campaign against S&W revolvers like we have Blaser rifles! (Sorry, just in the mood to stir the pot).

Iv'e used Tula Ammo a few times in 223 and 7.62 It has a funny smell and is quite dirty

"Chinese ammo", but they don't care to show the headstamp? I'd like to see that, and more details, before to draw conclusions...

I could be mistaken, but it looks more like a reloading accident, and original pictures hijacked from the Net and re-circulated with a meaningless caption.

I stumbled on the thread below while looking for something else. The same gun, in 2010, with an OP reporting:

"I received this as an email from a co-worker. I don't know any details other than what is below but I thought you guys might find this interesting.

A guy came into our department the other day to ask a favor. He had a S&W 629 (44 Mag.) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range. He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new hot load and the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared, this is what he saw.....

I wonder what kind of "Hot Load" he tried!?!"

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/123712-s-w-44-magnum-accident.html

The "Chinese ammo" bit must have been added later through the benevolence of the Internet re-posters...

I had some Norinco .223 in the very early 90s. Gun stopped working within the first box. Turned out to have been a primer that popped out and fell into the trigger group. No harm done, but definitely not the ammo I'd choose for critical social purposes.

is it, what goes around comes around, time now???

I have shot +50k rounds of norinco .223 out of my ar15 and own 3 norinco 1911's. Im in canada and
up here norinco is a very common choice for guns as well as ammo just becouse of the attractive price point $300 for a 1911 vs $1000+ from most other manufacturers.
Too me im guessing that gun went kaboom due to reloads and if it was factory ammo I wouldnt dump all my Chinese ammo due to this since ive seen more guns blow up from crappy factory ammo from many other manufacturers.

Looks just like what used to happen when we loaded AK47 ammo with pistol powder to drop in the bush for poachers and others to find back in the 70's!:)

I think the british SAS started doing this in the fifthies during the Mau Mau riot....they loaded .303 ammo with explosives and randomly tossed the ammo along dirt roads in the bush...gotta love such practise...(y)

Reagarding the odd ammo....we bought 10.000 5,56x45 Barnaul rounds (russian), steel cased FMJ, packed in civilian boxes....got them darn cheap..

Ammo worked very well in AR-15s and such.....but after shooting at a steel plate I suspected foul play...

Home again and dissected a bullet....yeah right, mild steel core...them russkies sold AP mil. ammo to the civilian marked....:ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg