ZIMBABWE: Leopard Charge My Nightmare In Zimbabwe

Congratulations on finally getting your leopard. Looking forward to the rest of the report.

Glad you guys worked good together as a team. Give our best wishes for a speedy recovery to Scott. Praying for no infection.
Thanks for the prayers. As soon as his arm was wrapped I told the trackers to shut up and join in prayer for Scott. I prayed and asked for help from God and his powerful angels and from that point things slowly got better.
Regards,
Philip

Thanks for the prayers. As soon as his arm was wrapped I told the trackers to shut up and join in prayer for Scott. I prayed and asked for help from God and his powerful angels and from that point things slowly got better.
Regards,
Philip

The power of prayer is amazing, glad you took the time to do that on the spot! I will be adding Scott to my prayers.

Phil,

Like everyone else here, I am happy you and your PH lived to tell about it! I am also happy for you on your choice of the 300 grain Nosler Accubond in your 375 Ruger. Had it been a Hornady DGX, you would have never heard the end of it and most likely need to go into something like the federal witness protection program. I feel certain the AH website server would have a melted down too.

Will be interesting to hear what sort of pose you are thinking about for the mount.
Yes the Nosler custom loaded by Safari Arms has proven to be an accurate, reliable round in the .375 Ruger. Unlike the factory Hornady ammo that couldn't hit a plate consistently at 50 yards!
Problem for me with the mount is that I would prefer to have the animal like I last remembered it. In this case that will not work as it will be too much of a reminder of the nightmare we endured. A year from now we will see what I do with it!
Regards,
Philip

Glad your ok brother...What's the word on the PH?

Yes the Nosler custom loaded by Safari Arms has proven to be an accurate, reliable round in the .375 Ruger. Unlike the factory Hornady ammo that couldn't hit a plate consistently at 50 yards!
Problem for me with the mount is that I would prefer to have the animal like I last remembered it. In this case that will not work as it will be too much of a reminder of the nightmare we endured. A year from now we will see what I do with it!
Regards,
Philip

What is the status on Scott at this point? I'm guessing the wounds were fairly serious, but being that he's standing with you in that one pic, not too awful. Is this a case where the DSC Foundation could contribute to medical bills?

Holy moly!!! That's just too damn close! So fortunate it wasn't worse...could so easily have been. Hope everyone recovers well and congrats on your beautiful leopard!

P.S. My suggestion for a mount would be what he looked like the moment before he charged!

Wow what an experience! Thanks to your combined reactions to the charge, it sounds like you and your PH came out of this hunt in about as good a shape as possible. Both of you were extremely lucky. Things could have gotten much worse for one or both of you. I too will remember Scott in my prayers.

Holy crap! Awesome to hear when a PH steps in and takes the hurt - that kind of bravery needs to be respected and rewarded.

Good job on the cat. I can't let me wife or kids read any of these stories, but I find them very exciting.

Philip,
Congratulations on the cat. I know that has been a long time coming. I know you will not soon forget that hunt. Will keep Scott in my prayers and please post any updates you have on his condition.

Wow! Glad y'all made it through! God Speed for Scotts recovery!
Cheers,
Cody

Holly crap!!!!! What a story. I hate it that the PH was hurt and I will certainly have him in my prayers. What an experience though. I'd bet you'll never forget it.
Two thoughts:
1) your PH was a freaking hero
2) you are a freaking hero

I'd hunt stuff that bites with either of you any day. Well done!

Holy moly!!! That's just too damn close! So fortunate it wasn't worse...could so easily have been. Hope everyone recovers well and congrats on your beautiful leopard!

P.S. My suggestion for a mount would be what he looked like the moment before he charged!
Right +1 on that. You could even have the taxi add in the shit splatters on the ground that I know at least I would have left. I'd had to walk back to the truck with no drawers on after that as there'd been no saving those shorts.

Wow, Philip, that is quite a tale and one that none of us want to experience for sure. It is always a possibility, though, when hunting DG. Scott is in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. We don't appreciate enough what these brave men do for us until they put themselves in harm's way on our behalf.

Congrats on a fine trophy! I am sure you will tell this story often for the rest of your life and so will Scott the PH. You saved each other......no question. I hope Scott recovers quickly!

What an incredible culmination to a hunt! Hoping the PH is mending well. I'd be interested to see some pics of the arm before and after treatment. Now you've got me thinking what antibiotic covers leopard bites......?

Great story of a memorable hunt. A full size leopard and Scott mount may not be the way to go, but wow, what a lasting impression.
Great job on stopping the action. Good excuse to buy a double rifle!

Your PH is the man! What a tough SOB posing for photos. Sounds like both of you kept level headed or else someone could have been hurt a lot of worse. I'm happy you got your cat, will be glad once Scott makes a full recovery. He is in my prayers. Thank you for taking time to post.

Thank God you and Scott survived that encounter. Its stories like these that make you want to buy a double for your next DG hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross