Where to hunt BIG Cape buffalo free range?

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.mashambanzousafaris.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Coutada 11. With a PH who is no longer in the area.
If this is in response to my post, we, Mashambanzou Safaris took this concession over from J.P. two years ago as he moved his operations back to S.A. No offense intended, just clarifying.

postoak

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Patron Life member NRA
Hunted
U.S.A., R.S.A, Namibia
Personally, for a first buffalo, if there are to be more, I would go for an RSA high fenced hunt. You can probably get one for $7500 if you shop around. For a first hunt I think you would find that plenty exciting.

Waterbuck2008

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
If this is in response to my post, we, Mashambanzou Safaris took this concession over from J.P. two years ago as he moved his operations back to S.A. No offense intended, just clarifying.
None taken. It was intended as a response to the original poster's question. You have an excellent concession. I hunted it over a decade ago. Great memories.

PeteG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Huge! Thank you. Do you know who he hunted with?

I know the ph who guided both those bulls. I was with him at the PH association agm yesterday.
If you’d like, I can give you his details.

TSALA HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2016
AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.tsalasafari.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Wildlife ranching SA.Phasa
Good Day 50by50

I would like to invite you to have a look at Tsala Hunting Safaris.

Our property is close to 10 000 acres with sustainable herds of buffalo.We have plenty hard boss old bulls wondering the property some that we estimate could be above 47".

We also have a variety of plains game on the property including hippo and croc.

We are a mere two hour drive from Johannesburg Int airport that could positively effect your budget and time to spend on hunting.

I will add some pics of bulls we have seen.

Keep well and looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Rouan

IMG_2569.jpeg

03c75495-7113-4ada-bfb7-8ad1c6521b1d.jpeg

8d390dee-4104-4b42-9da2-9fb562841ad1.jpeg

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Yes- can you PM me the info?

If you need anymore help on Zambia you can pm me ...and am.sure pete has/will help as well...some great buff been taken this year here

Reactions: WAB

ndumo HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2016
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
huntingsafaris.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, DSC, SAHCA
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, USA, Hungary
We can certainly help.you with that. I believe we have some of the best buffalo areas in Southern Africa. If you are prepared to turn dowm a few bulls, like we nornally do, you will have an oppertunity at a great buffalo. But more important, we try to shoot only 12 year and older bulls. In other words, proper dagga boys....

Rare Breed

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Good Day 50by50

I would like to invite you to have a look at Tsala Hunting Safaris.

Our property is close to 10 000 acres with sustainable herds of buffalo.We have plenty hard boss old bulls wondering the property some that we estimate could be above 47".

We also have a variety of plains game on the property including hippo and croc.

We are a mere two hour drive from Johannesburg Int airport that could positively effect your budget and time to spend on hunting.

I will add some pics of bulls we have seen.

Keep well and looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Rouan

View attachment 377505

View attachment 377503

View attachment 377504
I am hunting with Tsala for my first Cape Buffalo in July 2021. I am a market researcher so I researched. I found so many great places and companies so many mentioned here. I chose Tsala for my first Buffalo hunt with my new Rizzini Rhino double rifle. I felt for my first hunt after checking them out they are the perfect outfitter for my first DG hunt. Very responsive and work hard to please. Because of Covid and my wife’s fear I had to change dates three times before finally locking down for good with deposit and air fare all booked. They were so kind to work with me on this. Good luck with your search

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
Rare Breed.............best of luck on your hunt...........leave the Rizzini with Ruan of Tsala, and I will book a hunt after yours and test out your rifle....promise to return it unscathed.....perhaps a character mark or two......FWB

50by50

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
S. Africa and Namibia
I am hunting with Tsala for my first Cape Buffalo in July 2021. I am a market researcher so I researched. I found so many great places and companies so many mentioned here. I chose Tsala for my first Buffalo hunt with my new Rizzini Rhino double rifle. I felt for my first hunt after checking them out they are the perfect outfitter for my first DG hunt. Very responsive and work hard to please. Because of Covid and my wife’s fear I had to change dates three times before finally locking down for good with deposit and air fare all booked. They were so kind to work with me on this. Good luck with your search
Excited to hear how your hunt goes! And thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking at them

Rare Breed

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Lol Flatwater Bill! One thing I noticed in my research these incredible people responding to you have all been on multiple hunts and enjoyed them all for different reasons. It has taught me this will not be my only Buffalo hunt in my future so I do not feel tremendous pressure like I did at first though greatly excited for my first one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaRibu

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh