Where to hunt BIG Cape buffalo free range?

Coutada 11. With a PH who is no longer in the area.
If this is in response to my post, we, Mashambanzou Safaris took this concession over from J.P. two years ago as he moved his operations back to S.A. No offense intended, just clarifying.

Personally, for a first buffalo, if there are to be more, I would go for an RSA high fenced hunt. You can probably get one for $7500 if you shop around. For a first hunt I think you would find that plenty exciting.

If this is in response to my post, we, Mashambanzou Safaris took this concession over from J.P. two years ago as he moved his operations back to S.A. No offense intended, just clarifying.
None taken. It was intended as a response to the original poster's question. You have an excellent concession. I hunted it over a decade ago. Great memories.

Huge! Thank you. Do you know who he hunted with?

I know the ph who guided both those bulls. I was with him at the PH association agm yesterday.
If you’d like, I can give you his details.

Good Day 50by50

I would like to invite you to have a look at Tsala Hunting Safaris.

Our property is close to 10 000 acres with sustainable herds of buffalo.We have plenty hard boss old bulls wondering the property some that we estimate could be above 47".

We also have a variety of plains game on the property including hippo and croc.

We are a mere two hour drive from Johannesburg Int airport that could positively effect your budget and time to spend on hunting.

I will add some pics of bulls we have seen.

Keep well and looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Rouan

IMG_2569.jpeg

03c75495-7113-4ada-bfb7-8ad1c6521b1d.jpeg

8d390dee-4104-4b42-9da2-9fb562841ad1.jpeg

We can certainly help.you with that. I believe we have some of the best buffalo areas in Southern Africa. If you are prepared to turn dowm a few bulls, like we nornally do, you will have an oppertunity at a great buffalo. But more important, we try to shoot only 12 year and older bulls. In other words, proper dagga boys....

Good Day 50by50

I would like to invite you to have a look at Tsala Hunting Safaris.

Our property is close to 10 000 acres with sustainable herds of buffalo.We have plenty hard boss old bulls wondering the property some that we estimate could be above 47".

We also have a variety of plains game on the property including hippo and croc.

We are a mere two hour drive from Johannesburg Int airport that could positively effect your budget and time to spend on hunting.

I will add some pics of bulls we have seen.

Keep well and looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Rouan

View attachment 377505

View attachment 377503

View attachment 377504
I am hunting with Tsala for my first Cape Buffalo in July 2021. I am a market researcher so I researched. I found so many great places and companies so many mentioned here. I chose Tsala for my first Buffalo hunt with my new Rizzini Rhino double rifle. I felt for my first hunt after checking them out they are the perfect outfitter for my first DG hunt. Very responsive and work hard to please. Because of Covid and my wife’s fear I had to change dates three times before finally locking down for good with deposit and air fare all booked. They were so kind to work with me on this. Good luck with your search

Rare Breed.............best of luck on your hunt...........leave the Rizzini with Ruan of Tsala, and I will book a hunt after yours and test out your rifle....promise to return it unscathed.....perhaps a character mark or two......FWB

I am hunting with Tsala for my first Cape Buffalo in July 2021. I am a market researcher so I researched. I found so many great places and companies so many mentioned here. I chose Tsala for my first Buffalo hunt with my new Rizzini Rhino double rifle. I felt for my first hunt after checking them out they are the perfect outfitter for my first DG hunt. Very responsive and work hard to please. Because of Covid and my wife’s fear I had to change dates three times before finally locking down for good with deposit and air fare all booked. They were so kind to work with me on this. Good luck with your search
Excited to hear how your hunt goes! And thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking at them

Lol Flatwater Bill! One thing I noticed in my research these incredible people responding to you have all been on multiple hunts and enjoyed them all for different reasons. It has taught me this will not be my only Buffalo hunt in my future so I do not feel tremendous pressure like I did at first though greatly excited for my first one

50by50, can you said some light on what you learned from your experience? I am in the same boat as you, hoping for a free range buffalo hunt in 2024 or 2025. My dad and I are looking to go, but dont know much about the free ranged aspect. Did you end up going? If so who did you book with? Would you recommend them again? any lessons to pass on, things you would do again/wouldn't do again/etc?
Hey guys-

I’m looking at doing a Cape buffalo/ plains game hunt next. I’m attracted to the free ranging herds and am getting very confused on all the options so wanted to see what the opinions are out there.

Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, South Africa (are there truly wild and free roaming Cape buffalo hunts there?), Tanzania (too expensive?), botswama

I’m a trophy hunter and am looking for a country and area with a 40” plus potential.

thanks guys

I was just asked by mark Haldane, from coutada 11 , to mention that there may be a mistake here, it may not have been on his area. Please contact him direct if there is any confusion

I was just asked by mark Haldane, from coutada 11 , to mention that there may be a mistake here, it may not have been on his area. Please contact him direct if there is any confusion

50by50, can you said some light on what you learned from your experience? I am in the same boat as you, hoping for a free range buffalo hunt in 2024 or 2025. My dad and I are looking to go, but dont know much about the free ranged aspect. Did you end up going? If so who did you book with? Would you recommend them again? any lessons to pass on, things you would do again/wouldn't do again/etc?
In nine safaris, the biggest buffalo I found were in Botswana. I saw several 40”+ bulls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois