Whats your favorite?

Elephant, I ve been very close to one, but without license and money...

6985d1306165976-whats-your-favorite-imagen083.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • Imagen083.jpeg
    Imagen083.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited by a moderator:
Elephant, I ve been very close to one, but without license and money...

Sounds like back when I was dating. I was very close to beautiful women, but without looks or charm... LOL
 
Ya but tagging out on the beautiful women is way more expensive then the elephant in the long run! lol
 
For me, it would be Mountain Nyala in Ethiopia, followed very closely by Bongo in CAR.

However, to be honest, if money were no object I'd rather spend a month shooting all manner of plains game on a "classic" wilderness safari in Zambia, Mozambique or Tanzania. I might add in a leopard on such a hunt, as well.
 
The ultimate hunt for me might be a jungle hunt for bongo, on foot stalking, no dogs; just the PH, a couple of trackers and me. The way it used to be. Such a hunt is today out of the reach of most of us I fear, but if one skipped several PG hunts and saved up, sold more guns etc, its possible?!?! For such a hunt the .375 H&H would be about perfect as ideally it would take place where Big 5 animals also abound.
 
If I could hunt a bongo and Mt. nyala I could die happy.
 
If money was no object huh?

Does anyone know that old white couple that lives in the wilderness of Africa somewhere and does nothing but study leopards and big cats? I believe they have filmed a lot for national geographic and other green groups........maybe it is Mozambique where they live. Well anyways, if money was no object I would like to go hunt those two. I don't think they fall under cites protection so I would be fine right? Maybe Interpol would sell me a tag?
 
You are probably talking about Derek and Beverly Joubert. They are fine film makers.
 
Ya but tagging out on the beautiful women is way more expensive then the elephant in the long run! lol

Trophy wives are certainly the most expensive trophy!
 
I blame Christophe for my answer and the answers in this thread is going to make him very happy.
I'm with Mark; Bongo and Mtn. Nyala. Was Mtn. Nyala until that d*** Christophe started putting up those pictures.
 
TAP

The Jouberts. Probably the most influential anti hunting couple of modern time.
 
Six weeks. Disappear into the wilds of Tanzania and return with a couple of buff, lion, leopard, ele, and whatever PG wandered by. Old fashioned DG Hemmingway type stuff. Being there, off the grid for that long would provide a lifetime worth of stories to tell.
 
Ok so if money was no object what ##one## African animal would you like to hunt for the .
A minimum 28 day Safari into two Niassa reserve (Mozambique) concessions with my 470 Double and scoped 9.3mm for one of those 100+ pounders.
IMG_0015.jpg
 
Now your talking Thunder head! Bongo and Lord Derby Eland hunt with Christophe Morio!
 
For me a 60 inch plus Giant Sable followed by an taller then 12foot old bull elephant. In the short term i do hope to get my Sharpes grysbok on my 5th try now!!!
 
Hunting Lord Derby Eland

For those wanting to learn more about hunting Lord derby Eland, Christophe Morio just posted an excellent read on his AH blog, click here...

watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,751
Members
169,613
Latest member
Neil93603
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top