WANTED: Greater Kudu & Plains Game Hunt

Old welder

AH member
Reaction score
It's been some time since I have visited the site. I have a group of 4, possibly 5 hunters. Looking for Kudu, zebra, Impala, Blue wildibeeste wart hog and possibly more game. 5-7 days of hunting. I look forward to seeing what is out there. This will be a first time trip for all of us. Looking to hunt in November or December

Since you have not been hanging out for a while, I'd suggest looking at the offers and reports. Things have changed a lot since your last visit.

Might I ask why Nov and Dec? It is the height of summer down south and probably the worst time to hunt.
IMO.

Good luck planning your hunt.

Since you have not been hanging out for a while, I'd suggest looking at the offers and reports. Things have changed a lot since your last visit.

Might I ask why Nov and Dec? It is the height of summer down south and probably the worst time to hunt.
IMO.

Good luck planning your hunt.
That time of year is the best for my group. Plus, it allows us to get away from the nasty winter weather here at home. Could possibly plan for June or July of 2021. I realize December is summer in the south, is the game quality bad that time of year?

Hi there,

Sounds like a exciting hunt to plan. Good luck with that.
I agree with Brickburn, November and December is not the ideal time to hunt, as it could be unbearably hot.
In Namibia, hunting can only legally take place from February to end of November, therefore, December is not a option, but no problem with November.
June/July is great time to hunt, if that is also a option for you guys.
The weather is really nice June/July.

We have quite a few hunting areas over Namibia, our area called Panorama sounds like the perfect fit for your hunt. Great for bigger groups, and the animals on your list.

You are welcome to contact us at info@jamyhunt.com, if you would like information of what we can offer your group.

Good luck with the planning!

Kind Regards,
Kirsten Lotter

Very nice hunt indeed. I agree June/July would be best for skins etc , November December can be 100+ not much fun . We would be glad to help your group, our lodge is fantastic for groups. Send me pm for additional info you are looking for and we can quote accordingly. Cheers

I hunted with Jamy Traut in July ‘18. Awesome hunting. All the game you mention.
As Kirsten with Jamy Traut and several others have said, Nov and Dec would be brutality hot. I hunted Zimbabwe the first two weeks of Sept of ‘13. Week one was warm, 80’s F. Week two hit the 90’s. I was told by Oct it gets really hot. Additionally, the bugs, snakes and scorpions come out.

Hello sir,

Welcome back to AH. I have a couple of options that I can offer you all over South Africa. I am sure we will find something that would suit your needs.

It is always exciting to plan a safari. Please send me you email on a PM and I can get different customizable packages through to you.

Thank you sir and do not hesitate to ask any questions.

All my best,

Jacques

Old welder, I would like to invite to to our Drakensberg area in Limpopo, this place is amazing for Kudu but also the other species mentioned. That time of the year it may be quite Hot but the accommodations are quite luxurious and you will be comfortable. Please email me for further details, info@spearsafaris.com
Ernest

@Old welder

We as Rance Safaris can offer you exactly what you looking for. As said previously, due to the heat Nov - Dec is the worst time to hunt. I will send you a PM.

Regards,
Craig

Hi there

We offer exactly what you are
Looking for
Will send you a
Pm
Yes nov dec is hot in our area, but huntable yes
Can send you references from hunters for that time of year

Good Day Old Welder

Welcome back.

It's always exciting to plan a trip like that with friends.Please have a look at our operation.We would gladly accommodate your group at a time that would best suit you.Nov , Dec is hot and rainy but can definitely work.

Also please have look at our marketing schedule in the US for Feb and March.We could possible be in area close to you and would be great to meet up.

You are welcome to pm or email if you need any more info.

Regards

Rouan

Hi Old Welder, pm sent a minute ago. Here are some of the Kudu our clients have taken only in 2019....all in South Africa!
2019 Kudu collage.jpg

Hallo we can accomodate 4 0r 5 hunters, we are situated in the North-West of Namibia and have all interested species on our main property.
We have a beautiful lodge and sit around the camp fire each night. We have 2 hunting vehicles (Toyota Cruisers) and can take 2 -3 hunters on each
vehicle. 129000 acres of hunting property. To find out more visit our website www.leopardlegend.com and please send us an email for a detailed discounted
quotation to info@leopardlegend.com

I am also in Reno at the SCI show should you wish to discus this in more detail. 5-8 Feb, booth 2736

L'wyk

@Old welder , I see you are in East Texas. Can you imagine hunting or really doing anything outdoors in the dog days of summer in Texas. That's what going to Africa in Nov or Dec would be like. I actually like to get out of Texas during the summer months and go to Africa for some cooler weather. May through August is just a spectacular time to be in RSA or Namibia. No rain and crystal clear skies, cool to cold mornings and in shirt sleeves by late morning as it warms up to comfortable temps and no humidity.

Our friends Tienie and Ananja Bamberger at Warthog Safaris In Limpopo could take great care of you as well. The kudu in my avatar was with them in 2014. They are at the NRA show this week in Harrisburg.

Check out Bos en Dal Safaris in Northwest Province. Gerrit and his team can offer what you need. I took a huge 58 inch Kudu with him in 2018 along with several other animals. Headed back there this June for my third trip with them. Definitely look at going before October due to heat.

Few things to keep in mind for a hunt in Nov-Dec

1. It could rain most likely thunder showers in the afternoon but could also be couple of days rain falling down.
2. Vegetation will be thick and green so spotting game would be more difficult
3. It gets hot especially if the rains are late and will easily reach 100F plus.
4. Days are longer but you will have to start earlier and stop at 10am when hot and game not moving at all.
5. Trophy capes get ruined quick in the heat especially kudu so special care need to be taken to cool down the animal asap and get it in the salt.
6. Bugs and snakes are all awake and on the go did I mention mozzies? :ROFLMAO:
7. Dehydration can become an issue need to keep taking in a lot of fluids.
8. Animals don't move as much as food and water is more easily accesable
9. It is legal to hunt in South Africa on a farm/property that has excemption throughout the year
10. Some properties will let their staff go one leave over that period might have skeleton staff.

We have hunted with Italian clients from 26 Dec to 2nd Jan in an area close to the Zim border north Limpopo and it was hot hunting was not as easy but it was a good succesfull hunt. So it can be done not the best time but can be done.
If at all possibble come as early as you can in November you might just miss the rains and the vegetation will not be there yet water and food will be scamp making the animals move more.
Don't expect good looking animals in their prime but ones that show ribs in some cases.
It is also the hottest before the rains as the heat builds up every day.

Check out Christo Joubert of Chivic. I hunted with him last year and it was a great time and he could handle that number of hunters.

Christoff Van As of African Dreams would be worth looking at. Heard good things about him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross