View out the window- Post your pics

Coming in with crab limits this morning

IMG_1653.jpeg

IMG_1654.jpeg
 
I spent the weekend with my Finnish Spitz in this little off grid hunting cabin built by my grandfather, trying to outsmart some Black Grouse and Capercaille. Sometimes its great to live more in touch with nature for a couple of days, with only the wood stove for heat and kerosene for light.

20260117_111655.jpg
 
I spent the weekend with my Finnish Spitz in this little off grid hunting cabin built by my grandfather, trying to outsmart some Black Grouse and Capercaille. Sometimes its great to live more in touch with nature for a couple of days, with only the wood stove for heat and kerosene for light.

View attachment 740064
Ahh for the smell of woodsmoke on a cold winters morning. Also coffee brewed in an enameled percolator pot on top of the wood stove. Great way to start the hunt.
 
I had planned to fly back home this past weekend but the unusual snow storm that blanketed the southeastern USA derailed that so I had to drive. My little sister who lives near the shore of Lake Ontario in New York rolls her eyes in disbelief whenever I tell her how any sign of snow can sometimes shutdown Arkansas for days. This picture was taken on a walk from my brother's house in Little Rock and is a good example of what a debilitating storm looks like to southerners. Most people are ill-equipped to drive (both equipment & skill-wise) if anything icy is on the road. :D

AH_Storm.jpeg
 
Something very uncommon for Middle Georgia. Beautiful snow fall, that lasted no more than 4 hours and then it was all gone.

1769436347766.png


1769436361993.png
 
Finally pulled the pots for last trip of the season. Lost 3 pots out of 12! Hard to know if it was pirates or boats that ran them over and cut the buoy. There’s worse things…

Kept limits for 3 of us.

IMG_2006.jpeg


Birdie came down to the Marina where I have a garage and keep the gear, boiling pots, and burners.

She was squirrel and rat hunting the whole time
IMG_2010.jpeg
 
Today's visit.
The roe deer are having a hard time in the deep snow now..so something to eat that is easy to find is good .
 

Attachments

  • 20260216_105702.jpg
    20260216_105702.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
  • 20260216_105711.jpg
    20260216_105711.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • 20260216_105811.jpg
    20260216_105811.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 97

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,571,951
Members
169,470
Latest member
BrennaY190
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top