View out the window- Post your pics

Winter Maintenance Time:

IMG_2307.jpeg
 
Cooling down some beers after a quick trip to the neighboring country (Sweden)
I was just a little kid the first time my grandfather took me out ice fishing. I saw several people with coolers on the back of their snow machines and couldn't figure out why. My grandfather explained that it's to keep the beer from freezing! LOL. Never seen such a bunch of drunks as there were on the ice.
 
IMG_2377.jpg
It's still winter here in central Saskatchewan. -15°C or so. Our first melt should happen soon. View out my front window, and on a back road taking my dog for a run while I drive...
IMG_2379.jpg
 
Absolutely pouring down rain here right now. Melting the last of the snow.
 
Cheating, a bit...

You say win...dow. I say win...d...shield. And it was last Thursday.

Temp: right around zero. Wind chill: -10 to -15.

Critters: caribou, foxes, ptarmigan, ravens, magpies, and ducks. (not a misprint)

Simply glorious.

1000021442.jpg

1000021437.jpg
 
My driveway today. A friend is trying clear the 35 inches of fresh snow.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260316_162628850.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20260316_162628850.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
My Grandfather RIP was an exec for a "stevedoring" Co. that did shipping, tugboating and airport shipments by land. *He used to bring the C&H individual sugar packet (for hotels, restaurants, institutions, etc.) home and up to a fam vaca place when I was a kid. Though I've driven around and did some past env. cleanup jobs in that area of CA (i.e. Treasure Is. way S. of you and then in the LA industrial suburbs), i never heard of the Carquinez Strait. Crockett, yes, because these twins I played baseball with as kids, named Crockett and from CA-some kind of descendants I believe, but not the Crockett that comes to mind (as the kids/their Dad pointed out.) 'Have done some cleanups at old sugar plants (PA, TX) that are now big developments, casinos-always waterfront as the industry relies on it. What is it now??? Now I remember (GF said it...Californian & Hawaiian-that'd have been a good railroad name, but for one small detail.) Very Nice!
My grandfather worked at this C&H Sugar Mill in the early 40’s

View attachment 753143
View attachment 753144
 
Do you know Les Claypool? He grew up in that area and LOVES fishing (has written many songs about it! Many funny ones involving the dumping of cheese off-shore to drive the price up, etc. Send it to Africa!) I think he/his wife finally got to the point where they bought a winery! All he does is travel, play music and fish.
 
Do you know Les Claypool? He grew up in that area and LOVES fishing (has written many songs about it! Many funny ones involving the dumping of cheese off-shore to drive the price up, etc. Send it to Africa!) I think he/his wife finally got to the point where they bought a winery! All he does is travel, play music and fish.

Les Claypool - PRIMUS. Saw them at Lalapalooza in the early 90’s. But, yes familiar with his love of fishing.

The Carquinez Strait is a narrow, eight-mile-long tidal strait in Northern California's Bay Area, connecting Suisun Bay (fed by the Sacramento and San Joaquin rivers) to San Pablo Bay, and ultimately the Pacific Ocean.

It's a significant waterway, historically important for shipping, and is now known for its scenic beauty, recreational trails (like the Bay Trail), and wildlife, with bridges like the Carquinez and Benicia-Martinez crossing it. The strait's unique geography creates an "inverted river delta" upstream in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,887
Members
169,462
Latest member
EaoacoYroacn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top