TANZANIA: Double Dugga Boy With Bullet Safaris!

Awesome report and congrats on an amazing hunt and animals.

If you shoot and hit keep shooting.

If you shoot and miss, well keep shooting.

Two Buffalos in 30 seconds...… WOW!! Was that intentional, or did you think you were still shooting at the first one?

We thought we were after the first one, but he was already down. We surprised the second one. Either way, I had a two buffalo license!

DSC00901.JPG

Its hard to describe how beautiful this hide is. Striking and vivid contrast. No shadow stripes and few scars. Grade A, for sure.

Well done, congrats on a successful hunt.

Congratulations on a fabulous pair of buffalo and a great Safari — and very well told.

Congratulations on a good hunt!

Thank you for a great report. You took some great animals and the Zebra is amazing.

Congrats, great hunt !

Oh I’m disappointed! Only that your excellent report is over!:LOL: I was enjoying it so much!
Thanks for reporting such a grand Safari! May you have many more!

Days 6 & 7 spent chasing around wart hogs (elusive little buggers) with no luck. We decide to ditch the hog hunting and move to another camp to look for Impala.

Day 8
Start the day at 6:00. After impala today. Drive out of camp for 50 yards and spot a Dugga boy standing quietly by the road. We stop, back up for a better look, and he immediately charges us. I mean a full on charge! Head swinging, slobber flying, running like he intended to kill us all. We start shouting and, just before he hits the truck, he veers off to the left and is gone! We all take a second to collect ourselves, laughing as the adrenalin wears off.

We spot all kinds of wildlife, but no impala. Until, 10:30 we spots a herd about 200 yards out.

A little side note here about our hunting party and how it worked every day. There was the driver, and the government scout, then me and Hilary standing in the back, and three trackers behind us. While we were driving, one tracker looked for sign on the left, one looked for sign on the right, and the center man and Hillary continually scanned the savanna for animals. This was very effective and amazing to watch. This teamwork continued on foot, with the Scout (the government man) an integral part of the team. Believe me, when this crew is after you, you're in trouble. Every bit as deadly as the .416. In this case, with the Impala, the driver spotted them!

Back to the hunt. We do a quick stalk, and the Impala herd seem aware of us but don’t scatter. “There, on the left” Hilary says. I see him in the scope, about 150 yards out, they are moving, but I don't have a good shot. They all run to the right and one buck stops at about 110 yards to give us another look, giving me a left quarter/shoulder shot. Bang! Hit! He hops a few yards and falls over dead. I hit him on the left shoulder. The .270 Barnes 3X doing devastating damage. The cameras come out again. Eight animals in eight days! Even though I missed a few shots, I did harvest five animals with one shot.

View attachment 301522

View attachment 301474
This is the .270 Barnes Triple Shock at 110 yards with a muzzle velocity of 2800 fps. Perfect!

The hunt is over but I'm so grateful! Hilary Daffi (the PH) and crew were amazing. World class for sure, worth every penny and then some. They worked their tails off the first day, they worked their tails off the last day. Especially, when things looked slightly bleak, they held steady. Nathan Askew and crew set up a flawless hunt. I highly recommend Bullet Safaris!
I agree with all you said about Bullet Safaris. I was in this same camp last Sept. with Hilary as my P.H. They treated my daughter and I great. I also took two buff, both over 40 inches. Camp staff was also very good. Love hunting buff!

Congrats on a couple of great buffalo. Not many people have done it like that. Love the Zebra too. Nice trophies. Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.
Bruce

That was a great read, thanks for sharing!

I guess when out in the field, things don't always go according to plan. Shots can be badly placed or miss completely, that's just the way things are. We're human, it happens. Those little snippets of frustration make the story even better. You had some snags but you worked through them and got it sorted in the end. Well done!

A marvelous adventure!(y)(y)(y)

Loved your recap. Made it sound like we were sitting down with a couple of beers and you were recounting your adventure. Great trophies. Two super buffs. Congrats!

Awesome report of a awesome hunt, thank you for sharing!

Enjoyed the report

Dream location for me, congratulations on a great safari and report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg