Speaking of beer question?

Mosi is my favorite African beer. I don’t drink anything light, so there’s no danger for me there.

Mozambique- Laurentina and Dosh M (2M)
Namibia - Tafel Lager and Windhoek Draught
South Africa - to be honest Tafel or Windhoek is always available and better than the SAB beers. It is also easy to find German Erdinger and a variety of good Belgian beers like Leffe, La Chuffe etc.

I'm a bit of a beer snob although I don't drink much anymore. RSA had decent beer available.

Carling Black Label ended up being the groups favorite. Lion Lager in the bigger cans was a close second. Castle Lager was also good. If any of those 3 were ice cold and available, we were happy campers. I'm more of an IPA guy but all of those beers hit the spot after long day walking through the bush.

For perspective, I've been to places with awful beer like Colombia. Amazing country, delicious food, terrible beer. Poker was the most god awful beer I've ever had. When we got back to Bogota, I never thought I'd be so happy to drink an ice cold Corona with lime.

Im south african amd i really dislike castle lager, castle light and carling black label
Any beer with “reinheitsgebot” badge on gets my vote, so windhoek lager(def still available)
Stella is a great beer

I remember drinking lots of castle pilsner in zim when i was much younger

I am definately a beer snob

Castle and Windhoek are very good. In Angola, Super Bock was also good.

1686330211825.jpeg

windhoek lager is a damn good beer. Almost as good as Two Hearted Ale here in Michigan

Mosi is my favorite African beer. I don’t drink anything light, so there’s no danger for me there.
Certainly can’t go wrong with mosi!
With Kilimanjaro’s a close second. It’s a long way from there to third favourite though

Reactions: WAB
windhoek lager is a damn good beer. Almost as good as Two Hearted Ale here in Michigan

We get Bell’s Two Hearted here in Arizona, great beer. I put it just behind my favorite all time anywhere in the world, including everything I ever had in Germany, Sam Adams Boston Lager.

In Africa after a long day afield, Castle Light does hit the spot. Also had a nice beer in Uganda, but can’t remember the name of it now. But my favorite in Africa is a tie between Windhoek Lager and Windhoek Draught.

Anyone brew their own in Africa
20230305_155658.jpg
Screenshot_20230415_111411_Photos.jpg

I like Castle Lager, also Carling Black Label, as beers with normal distribution.

There are also a lot of craft beers in SA which are not easily available, but some I found interesting.

I'm from the US and I like beer of all kinds. My favorite brand is whatever is coldest. I appreciated the cold Castle at the end of the day. The biggest problem was that the power went out for a few hours in the afternoon before we got back to the lodge and the beer fridge was warm.

Our PH would put some on ice at noon so we'd be guaranteed cold beer in the evening.

NOT A BEER BUT....... A COLD SAVANNA DRY REALLY HITS THE SPOT AFTER A GOOD DAY HUNTIN' FOR ME.

NOT A BEER BUT....... A COLD SAVANNA DRY REALLY HITS THE SPOT AFTER A GOOD DAY HUNTIN' FOR ME.
That’ll work , I don’t drink anything that doesn’t come from a bottle or can when I travel internationally, beer & cider, or rum , keeps my Gastrointestinal system healthy

Windhoek Black or Green bottle is always a welcome sight after a day in Africa! Kilimanjaro is a great beer with best slogan, “ if you can’t climb it, drink it!”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!