SOUTH AFRICA: Pawprint Safaris Sable & Crocodile Hunt

wow you are doing great taking two awesome trophy's so far.

My man Phil!! Great sable! Very nice eland. Congrats.

Well after a very rainy day on Monday, we headed to Pamaenons Lodge some 25-30 miles south of Botswana. About a 2 1/2 hr drive through some lovely countryside. Another beautiful concession containing buffalo and lion! This was a party hunt, ie, me, Johan, Pieter, Rindy (Pieter’s lovely fiancé), Blaine (manager of the place), and a helper.
After getting the permit, we headed to the first pond. Apparently there are several ponds with crocodiles that move around between them. Pieter, Blaine and Johan eased up the dam. Bingo! A fine croc was out sunning on the opposite bank about 90 yards away! They dropped back down and helped me up the muddy bank to a good shooting spot. Now the pressure is on! I look through the scope and the croc isn’t pointed away, but instead very close and pointed directly at the water! Not what I was hoping for! Ugh...I start to worry about everything I’ve read. Too late now! Time to prove my self control and practiced skill!
Crank the scope to 12x. Johan reassures me just where to hit it. Crosshairs aligned and trigger squeeze initiated. Longest trigger squeeze I think I’ve ever done...BANG! Johan quietly says, just as we discussed, shoot again in the front legs. Shoot again in the back legs. Slammed a fourth round into the chamber and peered through the scope. The fine croc hadn’t moved an inch since the first shot in the neck.
As we walked around the pond, a second croc slid into the lake. Now I’m calming down as we approach my prize I have wanted for a long time. For the next few minutes we are very cautious to get too close to the croc. Like others learned the hard way, “it’s the dead ones that kill you!”
My sable and croc hunt goal is completed. Time to see what else Africa offers.
3CC79ACA-E3C3-4924-8ABA-6B0D5DCDF2F8.jpeg
1812C969-532C-41D5-BCDA-478914035A70.jpeg
9995D9E9-AC6C-468D-AB2A-EF40DA6197BB.jpeg

Congratulations my friend! Nice shooting, looks like the cardboard croc target paid off.

Congrats, nice shooting!

Nice Croc! Congrats!

Congrats on some super trophies !! What were the ponds originally made for ? Were they just made for croc habitat?

Wow, that's a nice croc!

Wow, that croc is a beast! Beautiful sable and eland as well. That eland could be the prettiest one that I've seen on here. Makes me second guess my decision to switch one for a waterbuck on my upcoming hunt. Congrats and look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

Way to go Ridgewalker, nice shooting.

Gorgeous animals on an already accomplished hunt! Hope that Africa gives you a few more opportunities to add to them.

Congrats on the croc!!!

Well done my friend! Fine croc! Proud of you.

Nice shooting Ridgewalker. You have some VERY nice trophies. But I think we need to change your moniker to "Dead Eye Dick." I've been up to the cabin for a couple of days working on the food Plots. My son told me you were shooting all of the big animals on my list. Hopefully Pieter will still have a few hid out for the Group Hunt.

Wow, that croc is a beast! Beautiful sable and eland as well. That eland could be the prettiest one that I've seen on here. Makes me second guess my decision to switch one for a waterbuck on my upcoming hunt. Congrats and look forward to seeing what else you come up with!
Go ahead and just add Eland.. Great trophy and a fun hunt.

That croc is a beast. The area is so green.....I’m jealous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg