www.huntsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Our President addressed the nation tonight. This is the best news in a long time. Let's go!

Screenshot_20201111_210151.jpg

So Americans are now allowed in? No special regulations test results etc ?

So what about their "defunct" SAA? Are they reimbursing Americans whose money they took and couldn't provide service during COVID? I have two (2) tickets that weren't used... where's the refund or the voucher???

Please Advice so I can pass this on to my travel agent.

Thanks,
Charles
Member NRA, SCI, RMEF, etc.

So what about their "defunct" SAA? Are they reimbursing Americans whose money they took and couldn't provide service during COVID? I have two (2) tickets that weren't used... where's the refund or the voucher???

Thanks,
Charles

Said they working on opening....not about saa miracles....

In the USA, where much of their international commerce is from, that's called "common business practices" ... if its called a miracle in SA then thats what I am looking for ... anything else is called "common theft of service".

Thanks,
Charles

In the USA, where much of their international commerce is from, that's called "common business practices" ... if its called a miracle in SA then thats what I am looking for ... anything else is called "common theft of service".

Thanks,
Charles

Sorry I really dont understand how you think someone putting up a thread on here informing people that there is potential good news that sa is relaxing entry rules can give you information on saa.....

Thanks,
Charles
Same here. My credit card company deleted the charges for SAA Express tickets, May 2020. Did you pay cash? If so, you're probably SOL.

Spike ....

I ask because this possibly may be one of only two " primary" options to get to Joburg from the US that makes sense. Think "basic economics" ... if Delta is the only efficient option of getting to Johannesburg from the US ... what do you really think will happen to the already high plane fairs. ... can you say "the sky is the limit".

This will surely cut into South Africa's revenue ... and hunters will start looking elsewhere for hunts before being raked over the coals for transportation fees.

I am planning a Big 5 hunt ... do I really want to pay an additional set of plane tickets because I was ripped off from the first set ...." No". I am already looking at alternative hunts if THEIR airline does not offer a refund or voucher for my first pair of tickets.... Note, there are others thinking likewise.

I really do hope it works out for both the country and their airline ... there is MUCH at stake.

And "No" ... I purchased my tickets through my "former" bank, thinking this was more secure than a CC....you live and learn.

Thanks,
Charles

Thanks for the info Marius and best of wishes to you and everyone at KMG for 2021!

Spike ....

I ask because this possibly may be one of only two " primary" options to get to Joburg from the US that makes sense. Think "basic economics" ... if Delta is the only efficient option of getting to Johannesburg from the US ... what do you really think will happen to the already high plane fairs. ... can you say "the sky is the limit".

This will surely cut into South Africa's revenue ... and hunters will start looking elsewhere for hunts before being raked over the coals for transportation fees.

I am planning a Big 5 hunt ... do I really want to pay an additional set of plane tickets because I was ripped off from the first set ...." No". I am already looking at alternative hunts if THEIR airline does not offer a refund or voucher for my first pair of tickets.... Note, there are others thinking likewise.

I really do hope it works out for both the country and their airline ... there is MUCH at stake.

And "No" ... I purchased my tickets through my "former" bank, thinking this was more secure than a CC....you live and learn.

Thanks,
Charles
Every outfitter in business this year took a significantly greater hit in their business than the price of your airline tickets. Learn from your mistake and move on. Another country reopening is good news and there will be options to get there.

Let me fill you in on a little secret, me and others who have not received services from SAA are called customers. Regardless of your idea of "many options" to come, when you start ripping off your customers things just dont return to normal because of the bleeding hearts who say "move on and get over it". Unless you have the compensation to pay these CUSTOMERS then your opinion doesnt mean squat.

The outfitters, like EVERYONE else, has taken a hit. They are no different than evetyone else in this pandemic. SAA is not one of my charities that I endorse... I am their CUSTOMER.

Understand now?

It appears that you may be connected to SAA. If so, let someone answer who can help the SAA CUSTOMERS who have not received services.

If you are SAA then get in line, hopefully litigation will find you too. WE are looking for a solution for our loss.

Thank you!
Charles

Let me fill you in on a little secret, me and others who have not received services from SAA are called customers. Regardless of your idea of "many options" to come, when you start ripping off your customers things just dont return to normal because of the bleeding hearts who say "move on and get over it". Unless you have the compensation to pay these CUSTOMERS then your opinion doesnt mean squat.

The outfitters, like EVERYONE else, has taken a hit. They are no different than evetyone else in this pandemic. SAA is not one of my charities that I endorse... I am their CUSTOMER.

Understand now?

It appears that you may be connected to SAA. If so, let someone answer who can help the SAA CUSTOMERS who have not received services.

If you are SAA then get in line, hopefully litigation will find you too. WE are looking for a solution for our loss.

Thank you!
Charles
Let me fill you in on a secret nobody on this thread works for South African airlines....... :E Rofl:

Last edited:
Keep us updated with what protocols are In place for international travelers as I'm sure there will be some hoops to jump through. Glad to hear this news, though I'm sure not nearly as glad as you all are to get back to doing business!

Great news!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corteiztracksuit45

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!