Soooo you got a new President...

Don't look at me, I voted for Clinton in 08 :whistle:
Not for President you didn't! o_O She didn't get that far remember? :rolleyes: So you either voted for the Bamster or McCain and I bet it wasn't McCain!:D

You have a bunch of people running a government and very of them know how to run a government. At every turn they are going to try to dictate how they want things done and the answer is going to be "it doesn't work like that". Hence the softer tone taken by the press secretary today and so many of Trump's own aides up in arms this weekend.

It has nothing to do with them being too stupid. If you took a factory worker and all of a sudden gave them a banking job (or visa versa), they aren't going to have a clue what is going on. It doesn't make them stupid, it just means they are in over their heads.
I guess you missed my little joke.:rolleyes: I am not saying the new guys in office are stupid, I am saying the bed wetting snowflakes:eek: are stupid. :D These guys just hired are businessman and women, and by and large are ten times smarter than politicians of any persuasion, but certainly much smarter than the last bunch of morons just departed, thank goodness.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

the Marginal Product of Genius alone is Zero. So it doesn't matter how smart someone is, it's the application of those smarts to production. It's been proven that chimpanzees can be trained to fulfill several tasks previously done only by humans. With regard to politicians it isn't so much a matter of applying smarts to production as it is to determining what position to hold and what personality to project in order to gain power and wealth. This has resulted in the Political Class of professional politicians. This election results were caused by the actions of the candidate and her campaign staff going clear back to her days in college being revealed to the electorate.

You have a bunch of people running a government and very of them know how to run a government. At every turn they are going to try to dictate how they want things done and the answer is going to be "it doesn't work like that". Hence the softer tone taken by the press secretary today and so many of Trump's own aides up in arms this weekend.

It has nothing to do with them being too stupid. If you took a factory worker and all of a sudden gave them a banking job (or visa versa), they aren't going to have a clue what is going on. It doesn't make them stupid, it just means they are in over their heads.

Huh?

This doesn't make sense, at all. People change job fields all the time, successfully. It seems though that you're saying that unless someone was "born and bred" in a government job that they aren't capable of doing the job. Although. ... maybe that explains why Obama failed so miserably, and he was definitely in over his head, and never knew it.

Don't yet know how Trump and team will do, but I bet they adjust much more quickly than the last administration did. The positive signs are already there. And I in a way hope that the Democrats keep fighting tooth and nail to push further left, as the harder they push the less of them there are left in power to "explain how things should be done right in government."

@gizmo :
As to 'laughing stock of the world', in my dimension, that is what we are now. The world is generally going " Say what?? Trump? Seriously?"

You must be listening to the worlds main stream media.

First world, main stream media, is pretty liberal. (It must be the nature of the industry) According to them, we are a laughing stock. But, do they represent all the people?

Look at Europe. The people there are getting very tired of what they have had to deal with. Unelected bureaucrats in Brussels making 29,000 word rules on what a cabbage is. Rules that cucumbers can't be sold unless they are straight. Bananas can't be sold unless they are curved x number of degrees. etc. etc. etc. Schengen rules that are great as long as you can trust and feel safe with the countries that are participating. Add a couple million people from the middle east and north Africa, that are forced on you and see what happens. Immigrants masturbating and taking dumps in churches, feeling up women, sucking up welfare, making people feel unsafe when they go for a walk, insulting the local heritage. Look around, Europe is doing the same thing that America did by electing Trump. UK-Brexit, France-Le Penn, Netherlands- Wilder, Italy-5Star, etc. The EU is in trouble. Juncker and Tusk are scrambling to hold things together. The problem is there are too many holes in the dykes. Talk to some of the regular people in Europe. They may find Trump crude, egotistical and a jerk. (I find him that way myself.) But they admire what is going on in America enough that they are having the same type revolution in their countries. Is Trump a laughing stock in Europe? To the media and the leaders, yes. To the common man........

The majority of the people I talk to in sub-Saharan Africa think Trump is great. Weird right. ie: Nine years ago most of my Tanzania friends thought it would be great to have Obama. Most of my friends in Tanzania are either Christians or Muslims. Seven years ago they thought Obama was the worst heathen in the world due to his stand regarding homosexuality. (He enacted some laws. Can't remember what they were.) They wanted him gone. They were all for Trump. They hated Hillary. They weren't laughing. They were cheering!

I don't know much about Asia. Maybe they are laughing. Don't think China is laughing though. They are really worried how to keep the massive trade surplus going with America. Decent bet that the trade gap will be shrinking. A trade war hurts China much worse than it hurts America.

Trump is the laughing stock of the world?!?! Not the world I know.

Unfortunately for us Canadians, our moronic leader gets to claim that title.

If he can deliver on his promises he could possibly be the best of a shocking group of candidates that did nothing for the USA's International image. If he cant deliver, I Give him two years before hes impeached or knocked off by the establishment.

If he can deliver on his promises he could possibly be the best of a shocking group of candidates that did nothing for the USA's International image. If he cant deliver, I Give him two years before hes impeached or knocked off by the establishment.

He can't be impeached simply for being a failing president. And if he's failing the establishment will ride that to come back to power, no sense in not letting this populist President fail. It would only help their cause. As far as being concerned for our image internationally, that's been at the root of many of America's problems.

I only see him being impeached for not complying with the rules and regs that currently exist for POTUS.

Everything you own can be taken in a bankruptcy except your life. Cars and homes aren't exempt.
I never met a guy that filed bankruptcy yet that did not still have alot of stuff. None were ever homeless

Trump might make some mistakes, but Hillary would have been a HUGE mistake!!!

I never met a guy that filed bankruptcy yet that did not still have alot of stuff. None were ever homeless

there are federal rules and state rules, but in general there are exemptions which include about $30,000 in home equity (provided you are living in the home) and $4000 equity in a car, some in jewelry, some in tools used for employment and a few other exemptions. These rules also carry over into seizure of assets to pay judgments. For banko court to seize residential property the situation will need to have gotten really out of hand.

@gizmo : I think it's cool you and I live in different dimensions yet we can still converse. In the dimension I live in, President Obama commands respect as a highly intelligent, articulate, charismatic, visionary leader. If not for the stonewalling of the self serving Republicans, ( at the expense of the American people) he would have been able to leave a much greater legacy, the greatest fear of the GOP.
As to 'laughing stock of the world', in my dimension, that is what we are now. The world is generally going " Say what?? Trump? Seriously?"
Anyway, glad things are working for you in your dimension, and you are happy.
RC.

Obama's policies and actions (such as promoting racial strife (Trayvon Martin was the son he never had) and attacks on police (Hands up, Don't Shoot), encouraging the Arab Spring, lying about Ben Ghazi, paying Iran to promise not to seek nuclear weapons w/o any oversight, undermining Israel, walking guns to cartels in Mexico, using tax dollars to pay off campaign donors, using the IRS to attack political opponents, etc.) were patently against Americans and American interests and deserve only scorn and ridicule as does the man that promotes them. It is important to remember that when Obama first took office Dems controlled all three branches of government, that he failed to more fully implement his agenda is fully on him. In fact the Republican majorities now in charge of the House, Senate, and most state governments are a direct product of his efforts. What you call "stonewalling" is a product of our system, the President is not a king after all, and the way it is designed to work when the President's agenda is unpopular. Somehow I doubt that you would call the current antics of the Dems "stonewalling though. Here in the real world actual articulate, intelligent, visionary people don't think there are 57 states, know that Marine Corps is pronounced core not corpse, don't spend so much time and effort persecuting American citizens that simply disagree with him, and don't feel the need to lie constantly to citizens.

While I won't echo Gizmo's (or mirror Michelle Obama's) comments about being proud of the country again, I will say that I'm happy that for the first time in 8 years we have president that knows and is willing to identify the real enemies of America, foreign and domestic. I have little doubt that Trump will do and support things I don't agree with but at least I know which team he is playing for and that his agenda isn't diametrically opposed to the well being of Americans.

Obama's policies and actions (such as promoting racial strife (Trayvon Martin was the son he never had) and attacks on police (Hands up, Don't Shoot), encouraging the Arab Spring, lying about Ben Ghazi, paying Iran to promise not to seek nuclear weapons w/o any oversight, undermining Israel, walking guns to cartels in Mexico, using tax dollars to pay off campaign donors, using the IRS to attack political opponents, etc.) were patently against Americans and American interests and deserve only scorn and ridicule as does the man that promotes them. It is important to remember that when Obama first took office Dems controlled all three branches of government, that he failed to more fully implement his agenda is fully on him. In fact the Republican majorities now in charge of the House, Senate, and most state governments are a direct product of his efforts. What you call "stonewalling" is a product of our system, the President is not a king after all, and the way it is designed to work when the President's agenda is unpopular. Somehow I doubt that you would call the current antics of the Dems "stonewalling though. Here in the real world actual articulate, intelligent, visionary people don't think there are 57 states, know that Marine Corps is pronounced core not corpse, don't spend so much time and effort persecuting American citizens that simply disagree with him, and don't feel the need to lie constantly to citizens.

While I won't echo Gizmo's (or mirror Michelle Obama's) comments about being proud of the country again, I will say that I'm happy that for the first time in 8 years we have president that knows and is willing to identify the real enemies of America, foreign and domestic. I have little doubt that Trump will do and support things I don't agree with but at least I know which team he is playing for and that his agenda isn't diametrically opposed to the well being of Americans.
Thanks for a rational answer.

You must be listening to the worlds main stream media.

First world, main stream media, is pretty liberal. (It must be the nature of the industry) According to them, we are a laughing stock. But, do they represent all the people?

Look at Europe. The people there are getting very tired of what they have had to deal with. Unelected bureaucrats in Brussels making 29,000 word rules on what a cabbage is. Rules that cucumbers can't be sold unless they are straight. Bananas can't be sold unless they are curved x number of degrees. etc. etc. etc. Schengen rules that are great as long as you can trust and feel safe with the countries that are participating. Add a couple million people from the middle east and north Africa, that are forced on you and see what happens. Immigrants masturbating and taking dumps in churches, feeling up women, sucking up welfare, making people feel unsafe when they go for a walk, insulting the local heritage. Look around, Europe is doing the same thing that America did by electing Trump. UK-Brexit, France-Le Penn, Netherlands- Wilder, Italy-5Star, etc. The EU is in trouble. Juncker and Tusk are scrambling to hold things together. The problem is there are too many holes in the dykes. Talk to some of the regular people in Europe. They may find Trump crude, egotistical and a jerk. (I find him that way myself.) But they admire what is going on in America enough that they are having the same type revolution in their countries. Is Trump a laughing stock in Europe? To the media and the leaders, yes. To the common man........

The majority of the people I talk to in sub-Saharan Africa think Trump is great. Weird right. ie: Nine years ago most of my Tanzania friends thought it would be great to have Obama. Most of my friends in Tanzania are either Christians or Muslims. Seven years ago they thought Obama was the worst heathen in the world due to his stand regarding homosexuality. (He enacted some laws. Can't remember what they were.) They wanted him gone. They were all for Trump. They hated Hillary. They weren't laughing. They were cheering!

I don't know much about Asia. Maybe they are laughing. Don't think China is laughing though. They are really worried how to keep the massive trade surplus going with America. Decent bet that the trade gap will be shrinking. A trade war hurts China much worse than it hurts America.

You some points worth considering, but no, I am not getting my information regards what other folks around the think of Trump through the media, but through the personal interactions of myself and friends speaking to the "common" folks in Canada and Europe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg