Show Us Your Reloading Bench

shootist~

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico
The flip side of "saving money" is you'll probably shoot more to compensate. :)
Truth!

Plus you'll be able to $tock up on reloading supplies - during good times - to carry you through times like these.

Aussie_Hunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I've noticed more than a couple of guys looking to get into reloading here on AH.
I happen to be one of them and research is going day and night.

One of the bigger items I'm looking at is a reloading bench.
My bride insists that it look like a piece of furniture and not just a work space.
To that end, friend and I are going to make it out of some maple hardwood.
Building it ourselves will keep the cost down and craftsmanship high.

So here is a space to show off what you have learned from having your own reloading bench.
How work flows, one person or two (maybe more), multiple presses...etc.
Open to any and all ideas.
Show me what ya got.
I' running out of room.

Reloading bench.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Shop towels-I was out of cleaning patches the other day and of course there are none at the sporting goods store. Picked up some of the heavyweight blue shop towels from the paper towel section at my grocery store instead. Cut them into squares and they work awesome!
Just something random but reloading bench related-

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
Shop towels-I was out of cleaning patches the other day and of course there are none at the sporting goods store. Picked up some of the heavyweight blue shop towels from the paper towel section at my grocery store instead. Cut them into squares and they work awesome!
I’ve seen heavy duty blue paper towels at the auto parts store, but hadn’t thought about doing what you did. Multi-tasker, perfect. I’ll give this a try next time I need patches.

Currently I have 12 bore cleaning patches and cut them to fit for everything else. I like that they are made of cotton, but I don’t see anything wrong with using the towels that you are.

CJW

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some rags made out of old heavy duty t-shirts from a company I used to work for that make nice shotgun or big bore cleaning patches. They really take up the extra space for a good last dry patch to get every bit of solvent out.

Rick Cox

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
Well, here is a sneak peak at my soon to be revealed den/trophy room. I made the reloading bench out of some old softwood timbers I had around, just re milled them. All mortise and tenon. More to follow...

20210414_170511.jpg
20210414_170546.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Media

I use white Bounty brand exclusively. Take a new roll and take 1.25” slices off the roll with a sharp granton edge slicer. Have to rotate it around a couple times to keep it square but it’s easy to get the hang of. I haven’t bought real cleaning patches in 30 years.

Woodcarver

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Life, Ducks Unlimited Life, RMEF Life, NAHC Life
Hunted
USA (CO, KS, TX, WA, AZ, TN), Alberta, Canada
@Mike Van Horn

Why haven’t I seen any No Smoking signs in the reloading rooms?
Anyone requiring that sign should not be allowed in the reloading room. Maybe not allowed to drive, or operate any power tools either. ijs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RondaEdler

Latest profile posts

AGNK wrote on geoff rath's profile.
G’day Geoff,
Mate, I noticed you purchased a rifle from overseas.... can you tell me the procedure of importing a rifle to Australia from a private seller?
Cheers
AGNK
I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian