Show Us Your Reloading Bench

The flip side of "saving money" is you'll probably shoot more to compensate. :)
Truth!

Plus you'll be able to $tock up on reloading supplies - during good times - to carry you through times like these.

I've noticed more than a couple of guys looking to get into reloading here on AH.
I happen to be one of them and research is going day and night.

One of the bigger items I'm looking at is a reloading bench.
My bride insists that it look like a piece of furniture and not just a work space.
To that end, friend and I are going to make it out of some maple hardwood.
Building it ourselves will keep the cost down and craftsmanship high.

So here is a space to show off what you have learned from having your own reloading bench.
How work flows, one person or two (maybe more), multiple presses...etc.
Open to any and all ideas.
Show me what ya got.
I' running out of room.

Reloading bench.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shop towels-I was out of cleaning patches the other day and of course there are none at the sporting goods store. Picked up some of the heavyweight blue shop towels from the paper towel section at my grocery store instead. Cut them into squares and they work awesome!
Just something random but reloading bench related-

Shop towels-I was out of cleaning patches the other day and of course there are none at the sporting goods store. Picked up some of the heavyweight blue shop towels from the paper towel section at my grocery store instead. Cut them into squares and they work awesome!
I’ve seen heavy duty blue paper towels at the auto parts store, but hadn’t thought about doing what you did. Multi-tasker, perfect. I’ll give this a try next time I need patches.

Currently I have 12 bore cleaning patches and cut them to fit for everything else. I like that they are made of cotton, but I don’t see anything wrong with using the towels that you are.

I have some rags made out of old heavy duty t-shirts from a company I used to work for that make nice shotgun or big bore cleaning patches. They really take up the extra space for a good last dry patch to get every bit of solvent out.

Nah, just right! I could pull that chair around and start loading- looks like my set up in the house. I have all my casting equipment out in a separate shop with the melting pots under an exhaust hood.
I’ve never casted bullets, but it sounds interesting.

Well, here is a sneak peak at my soon to be revealed den/trophy room. I made the reloading bench out of some old softwood timbers I had around, just re milled them. All mortise and tenon. More to follow...

20210414_170511.jpg
20210414_170546.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I use white Bounty brand exclusively. Take a new roll and take 1.25” slices off the roll with a sharp granton edge slicer. Have to rotate it around a couple times to keep it square but it’s easy to get the hang of. I haven’t bought real cleaning patches in 30 years.

@Mike Van Horn

Why haven’t I seen any No Smoking signs in the reloading rooms?
Anyone requiring that sign should not be allowed in the reloading room. Maybe not allowed to drive, or operate any power tools either. ijs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg