AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe, Canada USA
Today has been a rough one for me. Rio, my 14 year old silver lab, had to be put down. She did have a long happy life but had faded fast over the last few months. Memories of great hunts (she was one hell of a pheasant hunter) silly antics, cuddling me when she knew before I did that I needed it and so many more are all jumbling around in my brain and through my tears to the point, I'm having a really hard time writing her a proper memorial. I guess really how can you put a life with that much love into words. Anyway, thanks for letting me babble. Hunt 'em up in Heaven Rio!
IMG_20161224_111032799.jpg

Sorry for your loss. Rio was a family member and the memories of your hunts and just being together will stay with you until you are reunited in heaven.

Grieve and remember. Those who havent had the love of a pup will never know the hurt, but you need to have this time to truly grieve. Looks like you gave her the absolute best as much as she gave you her unconditional love. Sorry for your loss

Rio was my sweet girl and I will forever remember her! She had an internal clock that worked better than any other clock I have owned. She was the reminder of meal times and treats, and could sweetly bully anyone into extra treats. She knew just when you needed extra kisses and cuddles and would happily lick the skin off anyone who would let her. She never complained and was such a trooper. She loved wandering through the woods at the cabin and she loved hunting!! As Mike said, there are just no words. Rest easy my sweet girl, I love you!

Cabin 20180527_074941.jpg
Rio Ace 2017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for your loss. They are family and it is hard to let go. I still have thoughts of one I lost to cancer over 20 years ago that was the most special lab I ever had as a companion.

Sorry for your loss, a good dog is one of Gods great gifts to man.

So sorry for your loss. Losing a loved dog is a hurt like no other. But then again having a good dog is a love like no other. She was a lucky girl.

Thank you all so much for your wonderful thoughts and wishes. It is truly awesome the way the members here support each other!

So sorry for your loss, and our deepest condolences. It's tough, and as we get older it gets even tougher. Rio, enjoy the green fields of heaven.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM​

“Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water
and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….”

— Author unknown

Feel your pain, sorry for your loss.

Condolences on your loss, a dogs love is like no other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross