Proper attire for DSC meet

@Mekaniks please, this is Texas! You have to wear boots!
386394B5-AD0B-4E51-842A-2E6B073C57F9.jpeg

What about a light blue open neck Brook's Brothers Button Down collar shirt , Grey Flannel dress trousers , braces ( which American gentlemen refer to , as " suspenders " ) and one of my tweed sport coats thrown on top for formality ?

@Alistair I’m with you on appreciating the Purdey suit. Since I wear a tie every day for work, that would be a nice change.

But does it stain? I just wonder if being shoulder deep in an elk chest cavity (because I left my bone saw in the truck) would leave a lasting stain...

If you wear a Purdey suit, all you have to do is press the trigger, someone else will do all the rest ;)

If you wear a Purdey suit, all you have to do is press the trigger, someone else will do all the rest ;)
This is true

I fear I may have started something for which I apologise in the most British way possible. @Nyati I'm afraid my full dress uniform has long been handed back to the stores. Even if I still had it the excess baggage would kill me!!

This is what I wore to DSC show and wear similar at various meets unless it calls for a bit more formal attire.

2020-01-09 12.26.28.jpg

Anyone showing up at the annual AH dinner wearing a tie risks leaving our beloved informal gathering with half a tie!

Did you ever eat at Pinnacle Peak? Quite a collection of snipped ties!
Anyone showing up at the annual AH dinner wearing a tie risks leaving our beloved informal gathering with half a tie!

Seriously though where can I get this Poldi jacket? Does anyone know?

It looks like from Ladenfrey in Munich. Looks like they sale online. It my cup of tea, but I do like the Purdey outfit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg