Proper attire for DSC meet

@Mekaniks please, this is Texas! You have to wear boots!
386394B5-AD0B-4E51-842A-2E6B073C57F9.jpeg

What about a light blue open neck Brook's Brothers Button Down collar shirt , Grey Flannel dress trousers , braces ( which American gentlemen refer to , as " suspenders " ) and one of my tweed sport coats thrown on top for formality ?

@Alistair I’m with you on appreciating the Purdey suit. Since I wear a tie every day for work, that would be a nice change.

But does it stain? I just wonder if being shoulder deep in an elk chest cavity (because I left my bone saw in the truck) would leave a lasting stain...

If you wear a Purdey suit, all you have to do is press the trigger, someone else will do all the rest ;)

If you wear a Purdey suit, all you have to do is press the trigger, someone else will do all the rest ;)
This is true

I fear I may have started something for which I apologise in the most British way possible. @Nyati I'm afraid my full dress uniform has long been handed back to the stores. Even if I still had it the excess baggage would kill me!!

This is what I wore to DSC show and wear similar at various meets unless it calls for a bit more formal attire.

2020-01-09 12.26.28.jpg

Anyone showing up at the annual AH dinner wearing a tie risks leaving our beloved informal gathering with half a tie!

Did you ever eat at Pinnacle Peak? Quite a collection of snipped ties!
Anyone showing up at the annual AH dinner wearing a tie risks leaving our beloved informal gathering with half a tie!

Seriously though where can I get this Poldi jacket? Does anyone know?

It looks like from Ladenfrey in Munich. Looks like they sale online. It my cup of tea, but I do like the Purdey outfit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois