Politics

Elon Musk’s SpaceX has said it cannot afford to continue to donate satellite internet to Ukraine and has asked the US government to pick up the bill, according to a report, as the relationship between the billionaire and Kyiv breaks down.
“We are not in a position to further donate terminals to Ukraine, or fund the existing terminals for an indefinite period of time,

the request for funding comes after a high-profile intervention from Musk, who suggested Ukraine should seek an end to the war by surrendering territory to Russia and committing to remain “neutral”. His tweets led to a furious reaction from the Ukrainian government, which had previously praised Musk for offering the Starlink system.

“F##k off is my very diplomatic reply to you,” tweeted Andrij Melnyk, the Ukrainian ambassador to Germany. “The only outcome is that now no Ukrainian will EVER buy your f…ing Tesla crap. So good luck to you.”

In response to a suggestion that Musk was threatening to withdraw Starlink because of Melnyk’s words, the SpaceX chief executive tweeted this morning that “we’re just following his recommendation ‍♂️”.

Elon Musk placed temporarily on notorious Ukrainian kill list?; The Myrotvorets list

apparently the list is true and Elons name was taken down after approximately 15 minutes

seems innocent enough dont you think? LOL

pink floyds Roger Waters made it onto this list for not following the pro Ukraine narrative
Waters said: "I'm on the f**king list, and they've killed people recently. When they kill you, they write 'liquidated' across your picture. Well, I'm one of those f**king pictures."
as well as Rand Paul and Tulsi Gabbard have made the list
Sounds like the commucrats: going after anuone who doesn't agree with them.

1665858289686.png

Elon Musk’s SpaceX has said it cannot afford to continue to donate satellite internet to Ukraine and has asked the US government to pick up the bill, according to a report, as the relationship between the billionaire and Kyiv breaks down.
“We are not in a position to further donate terminals to Ukraine, or fund the existing terminals for an indefinite period of time,

the request for funding comes after a high-profile intervention from Musk, who suggested Ukraine should seek an end to the war by surrendering territory to Russia and committing to remain “neutral”. His tweets led to a furious reaction from the Ukrainian government, which had previously praised Musk for offering the Starlink system.

“F##k off is my very diplomatic reply to you,” tweeted Andrij Melnyk, the Ukrainian ambassador to Germany. “The only outcome is that now no Ukrainian will EVER buy your f…ing Tesla crap. So good luck to you.”

In response to a suggestion that Musk was threatening to withdraw Starlink because of Melnyk’s words, the SpaceX chief executive tweeted this morning that “we’re just following his recommendation ‍♂️”.

Elon Musk placed temporarily on notorious Ukrainian kill list?; The Myrotvorets list

apparently the list is true and Elons name was taken down after approximately 15 minutes

seems innocent enough dont you think? LOL

pink floyds Roger Waters made it onto this list for not following the pro Ukraine narrative
Waters said: "I'm on the f**king list, and they've killed people recently. When they kill you, they write 'liquidated' across your picture. Well, I'm one of those f**king pictures."
as well as Rand Paul and Tulsi Gabbard have made the list
At least in the case of Musk, talk about biting the hand that feeds you! It sure sounds like his generous donation of Starlink use has made about as big a difference in that war as anything. Seems reasonable to ask for help covering the cost. Pretty unreasonable to expect one person to keep funding $20 million per month! Even if he is the richest man in the World. It really is not his fight nor his responsibility. Then to be told to f#*k off and put him on some some liquidation list by the same people he is helping! Ridiculous behavior.

1665868608464.jpeg

+1

And I might add that the ignore function works quite well here. We are told that we should listen to others opinions, and that's true to a point, but only to a point.

Which reminds me. Your posts are showing up on my feed again. How do I put you on ignore? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
To give him credit, Musk has stated today that he will keep funding the Starlink facility to Ukraine out of his own pocket. In general I find a lot to admire in the individual. Unfortunately, like a lot of other high performance individuals, he frequently gets a bit random and overestimates his own importance.

1AFB450D-B748-44ED-A12F-EBF74A9D6B47.jpeg

Which reminds me. Your posts are showing up on my feed again. How do I put you on ignore? :ROFLMAO:

Geez man.... Do I have to do everything for you?

Sigh.... Let me know when you want me to come to your house so I can put myself back on ignore for you.

The European plan of energy dependence worked out so well that Biden's handlers are seeking to emulate it.

How quickly everyone forgets that Europe had its own energy in the not so distant past, not to even mention the abandonment of nuclear energy.

Ok, now we are back to normal, I have been trying to keep up with the Ukraine-Russia situation on ISW, and it looks like a bit of a stalemate. Is it likely that Ukraine can gain the initiative again? @Red Leg what is your take please?
Also, there are a few rumblings from Russia about talks, is this serious?

A question for folks in the south. I read an article that a Libertarian from GA could affect the Warnock/Walker race. I did not previously know that. What's the mood down there? This is just my opinion (and I admit I haven't studied it super close): I don't think Walker is navigating things near as well as he did defensive players on the field. It feels to me like his campaign could have been handled better. Forgive the pun, but I could see a fumble at the goal line. I hope I am wrong.

Ok, now we are back to normal, I have been trying to keep up with the Ukraine-Russia situation on ISW, and it looks like a bit of a stalemate. Is it likely that Ukraine can gain the initiative again? @Red Leg what is your take please?
Also, there are a few rumblings from Russia about talks, is this serious?

I am NOT the war expert. But I will say this, most things ebb and flow and go in cycles. I wouldn't read too much into a slowing of recent advances anymore than I would have said during the summer that the Ukrainians were doomed.

What will be more interesting to me will be to see if the Ukrainians try another significant move with winter coming, or during the winter?

A question for folks in the south. I read an article that a Libertarian from GA could affect the Warnock/Walker race. I did not previously know that. What's the mood down there? This is just my opinion (and I admit I haven't studied it super close): I don't think Walker is navigating things near as well as he did defensive players on the field. It feels to me like his campaign could have been handled better. Forgive the pun, but I could see a fumble at the goal line. I hope I am wrong.

Last I saw the third party was 4%, so in a close race.... Could at least send it to runoff.

Trying to remain objective, and although I've followed the race I haven't followed super closely, it seems that both sides have made some flubs. It may very well just come down to which candidate for governor has the longest coattails.

Well, Abrams is really short, so if the jackets are of like size, she'd seem to have the advantage. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.