Politics

Very well made point. A macro driver that many don’t understand is economics. We talk about immigration like these European countries have a choice. The reality is that their birth rates are insufficient to maintain their economies. The only available workforce to allow for continued economic growth are Muslim immigrants. This die was cast decades ago. Current political disruptions have not caused the macro effect, birth rates have.
Too bad governments don't consider the implications of macro drivers!! My definition of a good economy is one in which the dad can support the family on his income alone, AND afford to have children--not pay for others children through social engineering, welfare, etc.

Too bad governments don't consider the implications of macro drivers!! My definition of a good economy is one in which the dad can support the family on his income alone, AND afford to have children--not pay for others children through social engineering, welfare, etc.
I am with you. I have never been able to get on board with that whole "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" nonsense from that Marx fellow.

I remember it very well. I was the recipient of some of that unwarranted condemnation in the '70's. Still makes me angry to think about it.

This fear of what Europe might look like 10, 20 or 50 years from now, undergoing the influences of mass migration coming from wildly different cultures, clearly is occupying more and more people here.

If things look to be going a certain way, as demographic figures are telling us, we can either assimilate ourselves, forcefully assimilate the arrivals, or leave. (We can also try to ‘get busy’, but try as I might, I don’t think I can personally reverse the shift in local population numbers . But doing my best with a second on the way!)

Btw, here in Belgium, in certain provinces, up to 75% of the children below the age of 10, are coming from a migrant background. That will be a difficult trend for western society here to manage.

How’s the weather in Texas this time of year?

What you don't seem to grasp is that this isn't a population decline equation. It's a power equation. You have an indigenous population that decides their own destiny rightly or wrongly. (i.e Germans deciding to only have 2 kids and come what may they are German with German ideals and principals). If you have an ever increasing Muslim population that are hell bent on out breeding the locals then how can allowing more migrants in be a positive thing? Much Like China who realised that the one child idea was a disaster so Germany etc will come to the same conclusion.

Your analogy of where you are and you can only find poor immigrants to do the work is largely a self fulfilling prophecy. The immigrants will come in and live on welfare or do menial labour. If there are no illegal aliens or refugees filling those roles then the wages will rise and the locals will start to fill those roles.

You live in this pie in the sky world where they will give up their fundamentalism and accept their new found country. Ridiculous! Much like the dems moving from their shit holes to Rep states and destroying their new homes in the name of their beliefs that didn't work in the places they left.

You need to release your idealism and replace it with fact and reality.
Fact is the unemployment rate in this country is around %3 meaning we have full employment and then some and we can't fill open positions.
This is all about economy and has nothing to do with politics believe it or not or power equation as you put it.
I'm totally agains illegal immigration and I don't live in a pie in the sky but I think you live in an echo chamber.
Having said that, there are a lot of people like you who thinks if we magically stop immigration things will be fine and dandy.
Unfortunately they won't.
Yes, the wages will rise but also everything along with it and poor will be poor again.
This piece by the Bush (yes George Bush) center explains how immigration is a net benefit to our economy and there are a lot more bipartisan sources if you care to read and look.
I'm with you about Democrats coming in and trying to change the places we all love, but be careful calling any place a shit hole because if some of these shit holes wouldn't exist we wouldn't have half of the Fortune 500 companies and their tax revenues.

This fear of what Europe might look like 10, 20 or 50 years from now, undergoing the influences of mass migration coming from wildly different cultures, clearly is occupying more and more people here.

If things look to be going a certain way, as demographic figures are telling us, we can either assimilate ourselves, forcefully assimilate the arrivals, or leave. (We can also try to ‘get busy’, but try as I might, I don’t think I can personally reverse the shift in local population numbers . But doing my best with a second on the way!)

Btw, here in Belgium, in certain provinces, up to 75% of the children below the age of 10, are coming from a migrant background. That will be a difficult trend for western society here to manage.

Islamization of the West. We were warned about it a couple of decades ago but politicians turned a blind eye and now were paying for it. Don't get me wrong, most will assimilate into their adopted country's culture, but a much higher than average percentage when compared to other cultures won't. We only have to look at France and your country to see the fallout. We see it here too in the US, but with a much larger population, it'll take more time to be Islamized, but it's coming. Just look at the couple of Islamic radicals we have ELECTED here in our Congress. They HATE America and everything we stand for.

Last edited:
And what is prompting your move.
White South Africans are leaving or trying to leave the country in masses.
Couple weeks ago my granddaughter's physician closed his office in Pretoria and moving to Canada where he's approved to practice.
There are dozens of examples every day.
There are a lot of reasons, but how about having 7-10 hours load shedding every day, %40 unemployment and one of the worst crime rates in the World to start with..

Fact is the unemployment rate in this country is around %3 meaning we have full employment and then some and we can't fill open positions.
This is all about economy and has nothing to do with politics believe it or not or power equation as you put it.
I'm totally agains illegal immigration and I don't live in a pie in the sky but I think you live in an echo chamber.
Having said that, there are a lot of people like you who thinks if we magically stop immigration things will be fine and dandy.
Yes, the wages will rise but also everything along with it and poor will be poor again.
This piece by the Bush (yes George Bush) center explains how immigration is a net benefit to our economy and there are a lot more bipartisan sources if you care to read and look.
I'm with you about Democrats coming in and trying to change the places we all love, but be careful calling any place a shit hole because if some of these shit holes wouldn't exist we wouldn't have half of the Fortune 500 companies and their tax revenues.
I'm not arguing with you, or maybe I am, but we have to reach down to the core. We can look short term and resolve the issues or we can look at the long and see what the immigration results will be where you have an immigrant population that has no desire to assimilate, be they legal or illegal. You seem to be of the opinion that the immigrants are collecting wood to make a bonfire so we can all hold hands and roast marshmallows.

Look at what's happening in Europe, millions flooding in with no pretence of embracing their new country. They want to convert their new "safe haven"... the stupidity of the soft and woke counties that allow it is exactly what they want.

Many will see my comments as racists or ultra right but it essence it is merely common sense. Unfortunately plain speak is a reason to be cancelled. We actually have to to stand up and call a spade a spade.

There is a softly, softly approach that leads to a slow death or a line in the sand.

Highs in the 80's with, finally, some rain. Predicted highs in the 50's next week. Trees haven't even thought about turning or dropping their leaves yet.

1698195836208.jpeg

Immigration is one thing, we all came from that beginning. Illegal immigration is quite another thing. When Trump was president he almost had a handle on it, at least things were not at the level of disaster as they are now under Uncle Joe, the worst president in history.

You missed one point, that is the labor participation rate. Here in Alabama the unemployment rate is 2.6% but the labor participation rate is roughly 60%. That’s a good chunk of the able bodied population not working. My numbers may be off a touch but are pretty close.

Did anyone else see this story about the WH tweeting a picture of Biden meeting with Delta Force operators in Israel without redacting their faces?

View attachment 565766

Yep, our administration is a total clown show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.