Politics

Interesting information. Long distances and temperatures over 40 C are common in much of rural Australia. Likewise below 0 C isn't unusual for the deer hunting areas of the high country in winter. And yet our city based politicians are trying to force these abominations on us.

@wesheltonj +
There are 7 Million "Illegal" Immigrants + Crossing since 2021. It's being allowed & Against the Law.
While there are people still waiting years to come here legally.

As far as Whistleblowers, Classified Documents, etc. There's no suprise the Law & Constitution Doesn't apply to them. Simply, not a hot tip here.

Could I walk into Isreal, ie or any Country. Without a Passport, I'd, P.O, Citizenship, Visa.

Interesting information. Long distances and temperatures over 40 C are common in much of rural Australia. Likewise below 0 C isn't unusual for the deer hunting areas of the high country in winter. And yet our city based politicians are trying to force these abominations on us.

Yeah we get quite a range in temps here as well....but with the amount of new fuel stations being built here, I don't see too many electric shit heaps appearing on the roads...with the appearance of a middle class and some making a lot of money they are having too much fun buying mercs ..range rovers ..BMW etc of all types...even odd Porsche..odd Lambo..ferrari..Bentley and rolls....way I look at it they want to have what people in other countries have been buying for decades....not some electric piece of shit...and I can't blame them....only electric car I have seen here was in a mall...was a prize in a competition sponsored by ZESCO ( our electric company) and a bank....unless you going to tow a generator around with you here you ain't going to go very far

Piece from the Examiner.

I’m sure some of these folks are misled and
actually believe that they are helping the environment. However, IMO most are driven by eco-snobbery, not logic, economics or actual environmental responsibility.
Yeah those hipster/liberal SJW snobs are something else. They "support" all of these causes because it is the trendy thing to do. Not because they actually practice what they preach. These are the same types who will bleat about helping poor people, how bad/evil the police are etc... Yet if they see a tent (owned by a homeless person) show up in a park in one of the expensive neighborhoods they live in, they will be the first to run to call 311 or 911 about said tent and homeless person. They're sheep or sheeple(??).

@wesheltonj +
There are 7 Million "Illegal" Immigrants + Crossing since 2021. It's being allowed & Against the Law.
While there are people still waiting years to come here legally.

As far as Whistleblowers, Classified Documents, etc. There's no suprise the Law & Constitution Doesn't apply to them. Simply, not a hot tip here.

Could I walk into Isreal, ie or any Country. Without a Passport, I'd, P.O, Citizenship, Visa.
There maybe 7 million "unlawful" aliens in the country, but not 7 million "illegal" aliens. That is the problem - that the entry is unlawful under a civil statute and not illegal under a criminal statute.

The best Texas does when they cross, IF they can catch them on private property is Criminal Trespass in a Disaster Zone, a class A misdemeanor. They can plea out to a class B misdemeanor for time served and ICE will pick them up and what happens after that who knows. Some will "voluntary departure," others who knows.

IMG_9464.jpeg

You disagree with Horowitz and thats fine, you have your opinion he has his.

I have yet to see anyone lay out what our national interest is, beyond inane things like "well, if we dont stop Putin now he will just keep going", when there is nothing to suggest that is valid.
I continue to be very skeptical of the whole thing. Especially after hearing the idiot former Admiral John Kirby state right up front with Shannon Bream that in so many words munitions makers are pretty much dictating to the govt, that they need to make lots of ammo to make any.
Eisenhower warned us.

"The defense industry obviously wants to make sure that if they're going to increase production, that that production rate is going to stay elevated for a period of time. Because that means hiring more workers, it means retooling and adding capacity in their factories and manufacturing capabilities. So we understand that and that's sort of the central thesis here of the discussions that we're having with them, is to get them to increase production and let them know that we're serious about doing that for some period of time," Kirby said
Did anyone suggest Putin would "keep on going" when he took either Georgia or Crimea? We are not at the very start of the process now. This is the 2nd time he kept on going. Our allies hope he never gets the chance to keep on going in their respective directions....

Of course the Russians will continue to press until they meet with real resistance from the West. Why wouldn’t they? They reckoned that there would be no resistance from the US and Europe when they invaded Ukraine. They were mostly wrong, and it has cost them dearly. If they eventually prevail, either through military or diplomatic means, they’ll set their sight on the next “low-risk” Eastern European country. Putin May think that NATO wouldn’t go to war to defend Estonia, Lithuania or Latvia, so what the hell, let’s try it! I like the idea of Ukraine draining Russia’s will and ability to invade neighbors and preventing a later Article 5 response when they attack a NATO ally.

To answer the unknown author, Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881), British Prime Minister, is quoted with saying this.

I only respond because this reminded me of an interesting history stat from my stats class a few years ago.

According to Prussian Army record between 1875 and 1894, 196 men were killed by horse kicking. That is an average of 9.8 men a year being killed by a horse kick.

Is this a random fact yes, but I wanted to share it anyways.
Mark Twain said it before that, I believe.

Its refreshing to see the mainstream media talking about this issue :
https://financialpost.com/diane-francis/trudeau-immigration-housing-health-breaking-point

I've been saying for years that Canada's insane immigration policies have made Toronto and Vancouver completely un-affordable. Yet some people found my views a bit "racist" and "xenophobic". Yet this is a fact. Canada lets in 1/2 million each year and most of them settle in Toronto or Vancouver. An average single storey bungalow house is now worth over $1 million dollars in both Toronto and Vancouver. Average monthly rent for an apartment in Toronto is now $3000 per month. Rent for a 6'x9' room in someone's basement, where you share a kitchen and bathroom with another person, is over $1000 per month. Yet the median salary in Toronto is between 50K-60K per year. Which leaves you with a monthly net salary of 3000-3500 per month. When will this insanity end?

the Russians reckoned that there would be no resistance from the US when they invaded Ukraine.
I suspect their decision was affected to considerable degree by Doofus Joe's comments that Russia would be allowed to make "incursions" into Ukraine.

@Dragan N. You are absolutely correct. I am not against immigration, its the overwhelming numbers that are the problem. I have relatives in Toronto and as a consequence visit every so many years. I was last there a couple of months back. It was hard to recognize it as the same city. Much of the green space and agricultural areas have been swallowed up for housing. What used to be low density suburbs now resemble fields of giant termite mounds (condominiums). Housing, both buying and renting, is unaffordable. Crime is escalating, hardly a day went by without a shooting or stabbing on the news. Relatives warned us to not use the train system due to assault risks. This is all the result of uncontrolled population growth. Social stress and demand that can't be met by available resources.

Sadly, the effect isn't just being felt in the major cities. As Toronto becomes unaffordable, greater numbers of people are moving out to the rural cities. As a direct consequence, their prices are now skyrocketing and more farming land is being taken over for housing.

Unfortunately the same thing is happening in my country and no-one is willing to reverse the trend.

Israel Palestine border, no stops just drove thru both ways, zero checks. You would think, that crossing would be tight, as a wall separates the two states, but it was the easiest border crossing I’ve ever had.
WHY would you have even done that? Business? Pleasure? Living life on the edge? LOL

WHY would you have even done that? Business? Pleasure? Living life on the edge? LOL

Tens of thousands of tourists do it every day, along with hundreds of thousands of workers.

ie:

If you want to go from the Dead Sea to Galilee you just hop on the road and drive through the West Bank. There may be check points but you are generally waived through.

If you want to drive from Jerusalem to Amman, you have to traverse the West Bank.

If you are in Jerusalem and want to go to Bethlehem, Jericho or Hebron, you have to enter the West Bank. It is easier than an American going into Canada or vice versa.

I have never tried to enter Gaza so don't know what that's like.

I am sure things tighten down when rockets are flying out of Gaza or Lebanon but overall it is very safe. The tourist industry is too important to interrupt.

Tens of thousands of tourists do it every day, along with hundreds of thousands of workers.

ie:

If you want to go from the Dead Sea to Galilee you just hop on the road and drive through the West Bank. There may be check points but you are generally waived through.

If you want to drive from Jerusalem to Amman, you have to traverse the West Bank.

If you are in Jerusalem and want to go to Bethlehem, Jericho or Hebron, you have to enter the West Bank. It is easier than an American going into Canada or vice versa.

I have never tried to enter Gaza so don't know what that's like.

I am sure things tighten down when rockets are flying out of Gaza or Lebanon but overall it is very safe. The tourist industry is too important to interrupt.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HalPendley

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double