Politics

One thing I know, whether it involved military, sports or commerce strategy- what is feared most gets the most attention. The Communists, which includes most of the DemonRat party and the media are putting virtually every ounce of energy they have to eliminating Trump. It only reinforces the opinion that they fear Trump more than any other living person.

Kash Patel obviously is biased but it is still interesting to hear his opinion on the indictment. Especially with his time served in the same arena.

Patel says the Presidential Records Act supersedes the Espionage Act. If the judge rules that way the case doesn't even go to trial.

There are two criminal cases against Trump so far. There will be more prior to the primary and the general election. This is all about making Trump unelectable.

I agree. I would think Patel's argument would be the strongest. I would have to assume it was front and center the negotiations with the DOJ. It has been certainly the de facto case when a President chose to "declassify" something in a speech without prior originating or interagency review. Because Trump was charged, then it will indeed now be up to the judge to make a determination on the merits of the argument (I assume as a motion to dismiss by the defense?) One would assume it would an important argument with respect to any appeal.

I agree. I would think Patel's argument would be the strongest. I would have to assume it was front and center the negotiations with the DOJ. It has been certainly the de facto case when a President chose to "declassify" something in a speech without prior originating or interagency review. Because Trump was charged, then it will indeed now be up to the judge to make a determination on the merits of the argument (I assume as a motion to dismiss by the defense?) One would assume it would an important argument with respect to any appeal.

The other thing to take in consideration is that case law, "Clinton sock drawer" already seems to confirm this.

I have gay friends and even a couple of trans friends. We are united by our love of guns. That said -

1686419150038.jpeg

A sad bit of collateral damage is former USN Master Chief who followed Trump into retirement as essentially a gopher. He is also apparently pending charges. He seems to have been the guy tasked with moving the documents. The various reporting suggests he lied to the FBI/Grand Jury and has refused to cooperate. Loyalty to Trump doesn't seem to turn out well.

Indeed sad.

A conspiracy needs at least two people. It looks like the conspiracy charges rely on flipping the valet.

Reading the indictment. A lot more to it than I expected. Trump is quite dumb if he said and did half the things the witnesses and other evidence revealed. He’s cooked. Nobody is above the law. Might be jailed for years. Keep in mind, Jack Smith is a Republican. Unfortunately, Clinton’s got off. I still hope Biden’s get indicted.
Jack Smith is a supporter of Obama, the Clintons and Biden.
Dont want hear about "nobody is above the law", thats BS big time.
Tell me Clinton, Obama, and Bidumb are not above the law, of course they are, they have a big fat D behind their name.

The DemonRat party is in a similar position as was the Republican party in 1976. the Ds have a sitting president that is not popular and a challenger who is gaining popularity and has good name recognition- just as the Rs had Pres Ford and challenger R Reagan. The Rs went with the consultants choice, backing the sitting pres and lost the election to a peanut farmer who turned out to be the worst pres in US history up to that time. It appears the Ds are falling into the same trap.

I saw John Yoo on with FOX with Turley and he laid out a lot of stuff as well, like that Jackoff Smith acted as if this indictment was against Joe Blow and not a former US president, who along with a sitting president has many privileges not afforded to Joe Blow.
Trump has more discretion as President and ex president than Joe Biden did as vice president when it comes to classified info.
But Joe skates, laughs and smirks at questions, lies to the people and the press, every day. But FBI DOJ etc, all run cover for him and all demtards and those with TDS that get their panties all knotted up in a wedgie over Trumps tweets and lack of civility.
I can count on one hand the times that Trump said anything I thought was over the top and even then I laughed because it was usually funny too.

Jack Smith is a supporter of Obama, the Clintons and Biden.
Dont want hear about "nobody is above the law", thats BS big time.
Tell me Clinton, Obama, and Bidumb are not above the law, of course they are, they have a big fat D behind their name.
Yes they should all be prosecuted and so should Trump if he broke the law.

Please post your information about Smith supporting Democratics.

The case against Trump should be thrown out of court, simply over this argument alone
Military plans are never considered as personal records.

Yes they should all be prosecuted and so should Trump if he broke the law.

Please post your information about Smith supporting Democratics.
Saw it on the TV news. Do your own research.

Saw it on the TV news. Do your own research.
Smith's experience ranges from prosecuting a sitting US senator to bringing cases against gang members who were ultimately convicted of murdering New York City police officers. In recent years, Smith has prosecuted war crimes at The Hague. His career in multiple parts of the Justice Department, as well as in international courts, has allowed him to keep a relatively low-profile in the oftentimes brassy legal industry.

As a prosecutor in Brooklyn, New York, one of Smith's biggest and most high-profile cases was prosecuting gang member Ronell Wilson for the murder of two New York City police department detectives during an undercover gun operation in Staten Island.

Wilson was convicted and sentenced to death, the first death penalty case in New York at the time in 50 years, though a judge later found he was ineligible for the death penalty.

Moe Fodeman, who worked with Smith at EDNY, called him "one of the best trial lawyers I have ever seen."

Beginning in 2008, Smith worked for the International Criminal Court and oversaw war crimes investigations under the Office of the Prosecutor for two years.

In 2010, he became chief of the Public Integrity Section of the Justice Department, where he oversaw litigation of public corruption cases. Lanny Breuer, the former assistant attorney general for the DOJ's Criminal Division who recruited Smith, said his onetime employee was "a terrific prosecutor" with a "real sense of fairness."

"If you are going to have a special counsel, in my view, and you want someone who is going to be fearless, but fair, and not going to be intimidated and not overly bureaucratic, that's Jack -- he is all of these things.”

"Smith brings cases quickly. ... He doesn't sit on cases. He is a person of action," Breuer added.

After his stint at the Public Integrity Section, Smith was appointed first assistant US attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee in 2015.

Though he is not widely known in Washington, DC, legal circles, Smith is described as a consummate public servant.

About a decade ago, he hired waves of line prosecutors into the Public Integrity Section of the Justice Department, supervising dozens over his years in charge there.

Brian Kidd, whom Smith hired at the unit, recalled how his boss walked him through every step of a complicated racketeering case against corrupt police officers.

"He was not going to tolerate a politically motivated prosecution," Kidd said. "And he has an incredible ability to motivate the people working with him and under him. He's incredibly supportive of his team."

Smith handled some of the most high-profile political corruption cases in recent memory -- to mixed outcomes.

He was the head of the public integrity unit when then-Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell was indicted in 2014, and was in meetings with the defense team and involved in decision-making leading up to the charges, according to a person familiar with the case.

McDonnell was initially convicted of receiving gifts for political favors, but then his conviction was overturned by the Supreme Court.

Smith was also at the helm of the unit when the DOJ failed to convict at trial former Senator and vice presidential candidate John Edwards.

A Republican source familiar with Smith's oversight of the investigation into former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay commended Smith's non-biased approach, saying that he ultimately made a "just" decision to conclude the investigation without alleging DeLay committed any crime.

In recent years while working at The Hague, he has not lived in the United States. He's no longer on the US Triathlon team but is still a competitive biker.

Smith took over as acting US Attorney when David Rivera departed in early 2017 before leaving the Justice Department later that year and becoming vice president of litigation for the Hospital Corporation of America. In 2018, he became chief prosecutor for the special court in The Hague, where he investigated war crimes in Kosovo.

"Throughout his career, Jack Smith has built a reputation as an impartial and determined prosecutor, who leads teams with energy and focus to follow the facts wherever they lead," Garland said during the announcement on Friday. "Mr. Smith is the right choice to complete these matters in an even-handed and urgent manner."

Sounds pretty fair to me.

With the beard it's difficult to determine who Jack Smith more closely resembles: Rasputin, Robespierre, or that guy that used to run one of the Internet social sites. Two of the three didn't end well and the third is still pending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!