Politics

When was the last time ANYWHERE in the World, was ANYONE killed by ANY of those cartridges,
A couple of those cartridges are/were in use by the long range shooters in the military- which since skilled people in the military can become skilled people in private life and become "citizens" which to politicians is synonymous with threat. There have been people (the enemy) killed by some of those cartridges. The result is some of the self-serving politicians are afraid they will have to give account for their perfidy.

A couple of those cartridges are/were in use by the long range shooters in the military- which since skilled people in the military can become skilled people in private life and become "citizens" which to politicians is synonymous with threat. There have been people (the enemy) killed by some of those cartridges. The result is some of the self-serving politicians are afraid they will have to give account for their perfidy.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the military "snipers" and their cartridges? Now, the .308 Winchester, .30-06 Springfield, .300WM, 6.5 and 7.7 Jap, 6.5 Carcano (Italian) 7.62x54 Russian, .303 British, 8mm Mauser, etc., etc., would all fall into the cartridges historically used by military long range snipers throughout the history of the galaxy and might be used to kill innocent civilians. Regardless of which cartridges are on the "list', I'm sure the "wildcatters" of the world could come up with an acceptable cartridge alternative not on their "list". As an example, Townsend @Bob Nelson 35Whelen has been working on a .35BNE (Banzai Nelson Express), a 6.5 Samurai and .25 RSE (Rising Sun Express). All based on the 7.7 Jap, either necked up or down AND, ALL of which are now long range hunting cartridges chambered in an enhanced Arisaka 99 action with 26" suppressed barrels, with a 7x35 Nightforce day/night scope attached. So much for their "List"! Ha! Ha! Ha!

the problem is the result of politicians seeking self rather than serving their constituents. when a politician changes from being a benevolent leader who does what is best for his country/state into a narcissist despot gaining his own wealth at the expense of the citizens it will follow that he/she will fear the people he/she sees as serfs. He/she will set up methods of protection between him/herself and those who could cause him harm, Much of the protection involves protective sweeps of the areas in which he/she will be traveling, creating buffer zones around offices and residences and protective motorcades, but to try to extend that protection to a distance of a mile, which is the potential range of some of the cartridge/rifles involved becomes virtually impossible- so the decision to ban any weapon that could be used to override the protection systems available to the despot. My guess is the despot sleeps about as well as Harod the Great after his visit with the Wise men from the East who were looking for the new King.

6EEA48CF-90B7-4450-BAD4-81773AE232CB.png

Only to those morons who STILL wear a mask despite every scientific study showing they don't work! I still see people wearing masks when ALONE walking, jogging, riding a bicycle, scooter or skateboard in a car by themselves, etc., in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT when I'm working! What is the psychological aspect of this? How many of you wear a mask when "lurking" or actively participating here on AH? Ha! Ha! Ha!

Guess who wear them still the most here...including by themselves in a vehicle.....yes the Chinese.....

@Red Leg, I read something about this a while back. Had to google it.

BREAKING NEWS

Senator John Fetterman admitted to Walter Reed Hospital for clinical depression. I don’t want to wish him ill will but what were the democrats thinking electing this guy??

BREAKING NEWS

Senator John Fetterman admitted to Walter Reed Hospital for clinical depression. I don’t want to wish him ill will but what were the democrats thinking electing this guy??
They were thinking ONE thing: DemonRat Majority, Chuckee Scummer in charge.

@Red Leg, I read something about this a while back. Had to google it.

It is a pretty big deal to allow an unapproved component onto a US Military platform. For instance, a major DFARS violation can result in contract cancelation and even prosecution. Major corporations like Lockheed, Northrop, and GD have significant organizations devoted solely to supply chain oversight, compliance, and assurance. The problem is with lower tier component makers who typically will not have that sort of compliance structure. The primes and major subs will do everything in their power to insure DFARS requirements are met, but a minor part on a sub-assembly provided a lower tier contractor can slip through. You can bet whomever supplied this magnet is no longer with the program.

BREAKING NEWS

They were thinking ONE thing: DemonRat Majority, Chuckee Scummer in charge.

I think the more relevant question is how the Republican party could not field an electable candidate with a clear enough message to trounce this character.

I think the more relevant question is how the Republican party could not field an electable candidate with a clear enough message to trounce this character.
Do you really believe that the issue here in this election was the lack of a quality candidate to run against Fetterman, and not the willful ignorance of the electorate in PA? This is no different than any of the dem pundits and mouthpieces that continue to clap like trained seals touting Brandon's accomplishments amid dozens of different existential crises domestically and abroad.

For whatever his shortcoming were as a candidate, Dr. Oz is an intelligent, well-spoken, individual who mopped the floor with Fetterman in the so-called "debate".. I'm not sure what the political demographics are in PA, but I have to assume the electorate is a dem majority and they voted exclusively and blindly on party line..

Do you really believe that the issue here in this election was the lack of a quality candidate to run against Fetterman, and not the willful ignorance of the electorate in PA? This is no different than any of the dem pundits and mouthpieces that continue to clap like trained seals touting Brandon's accomplishments amid dozens of different existential crises domestically and abroad.

For whatever his shortcoming were as a candidate, Dr. Oz is an intelligent, well-spoken, individual who mopped the floor with Fetterman in the so-called "debate".. I'm not sure what the political demographics are in PA, but I have to assume the electorate is a dem majority and they voted exclusively and blindly on party line..
Yes I do.

Yes I do.
IDK. Anybody who would vote for Fetterman, I don't think it would have mattered which candidate the GOP ran.

Do you really believe that the issue here in this election was the lack of a quality candidate to run against Fetterman, and not the willful ignorance of the electorate in PA?
There are three Pennsylvania's, the Philadelphia area being overall more educated and more affluent that the rest of the state. The Pittsburg area is more midwestern-ish with working and upper middle class. Then there is the large V area north of and between those two metro areas. That's where I was raised. Farmer, loggers, argi-business, metal fabricators, tradesmen and so on with small manufacturing concerns.

When I think about your statement quoted above, had I not escaped that life via Parris Island, Quantico, and lots of undesirable duty stations and deployments, I would have NOT done the research on Fetterman and Oz, and might have not voted.

From my somewhat enlightened standpoint, I viewed Oz a liberal carpetbagger but better, far better than Fetterman and his left wing loony colleagues.

Oh, the population of the Philla and Pittsburg areas probably (I didn't verify this) far exceed the remainder of the state. Capture those voters and win elections.

As the state government of Ohio poisons its citizens with whatever chemical cocktail they torched off the other night, the citizens are becoming irate and uncontrollable at their rallies in an attempt to get some type of realistic answers from mute local, state, and federal officials. I wonder how long the federal Gestapo will let them go before they take after them?

This wasn’t a mistake. Nobody makes mistakes like torching all these chemicals leaking into water ways and fumes leaking into the air. Fish and birds are dying at alarming rates yet the stooges in charge are claiming “ nothing to see here, everything is fine, move along”….

Republicans here are behind the 8 ball from the start. PA is a "purple" trending "blue" state. 4 million registered Democrats to 3 million registered Republicans. We, like so many other states, are controlled by the population centers, overwhelmingly Dem.

Democrats seemingly only have one requirement to vote for a candidate- they're a Democrat. That's it. My 86yo neighbor (retired military) is a prime example of a lifelong Dem. He had all the yard signs out for months. Fetterman's condition mattered not. No logical argument could dissuade him from voting Dem. Jan 6 is still an "insurrection" in his mind.

IMO, Oz not being a PA resident hurt him greatly. Lost track of the number of times I heard him called out as a carpetbagger. Mastriano at the top of the ticket hurt him as well. To me, Oz was a squish but I voted for him.

And, let's be fair, the nation willingly elected a dementia addled fool who hid in his basement the entire campagin. It should come as no surprise then that a single state's democrat electorate would come out in force for a Marxist vegetable.

With regard to the spill in Ohio. I understand that not all of the cars that contained chemicals were ruptured and that the reason the spill was set on fire was that was the quickest way to get the track back into use. It seems to me that the better way to clean up the spill would be to get upright cars back up the line and re-routed, then those that couldn't be uprighted but still contained chemical could be pumped out into tanker trucks/trailers and removed from the area. This would leave just the chemical that had spilled onto the ground, which if burning it was determined to be the best option would have been far less than the amount that was actually burnt and sent into the atmosphere and descended to land/water. Where's the Butt when he's needed?

PA, like other states, has Democratic ruled cities that run the same game as they do in every election, ballet harvesting, bottle of liquor, pack of smokes, a hit of drugs, a ride to the polls, and a myriad of other enticements for a vote. That and these municipalities simply have the numbers.
Edit: As far as Oz being a carpetbagger, it was conveniently forgotten about Hillary Clinton.

IIRC, I posted this earlier, the poll data showed the registered Republican voters in PA sat on their asses and didn't vote or voted for Fetterman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross