Politics

Cant argue with the way this administration handled Afghanistan - though I am just confident Trump had it at least as wrong as well. Had we followed his timetable, the plan would have been essentially the same to meet time and troop constraints - just a few months earlier.
The withdrawal may have been on the same dates but clearly it would have been conducted differently. the civilians and equipment would have been protected and the evacuation would have been orderly and likely without casualty.

We have a lot of historical evidence of the ineffectiveness of civilian infrastructure bombing in an effort to break the will of a people - UK WW I & II, Germany and Japan WW II. While I am sure Putin hopes this will cause the Ukrainian people to start demanding an end of the war, I suspect these strikes were also designed to placate the Russian hardliners currently populating their news talk shows. Russia seems able to accomplish little else militarily at the moment. I expect the Ukrainian people to be no more terrorized than were Londoners by the Blitz.

This would be a good opportunity to provide Ukraine with several batteries of Patriot air defense systems.
I dont understand why Patriots have not been provided already. But I suppose now that there has been an escalation from Russia it justifies a response.

BBC News - Crimea bridge: Putin accuses Ukraine of 'terrorism'
In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya:

"You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Here in the US, I’m more concerned about George Soros giving probably tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars to the Demorats’ election campaigns and the DNC to further their radical left wing agendas in their wet dream quest of a “One World Order”?
There is someone who needs to feel a barrel against the back of his skull..

Could not disagree with you more except to agree China is indeed our major concern. However a resurgent Russian empire allied to China would be almost as problematic - particularly after absorbing Ukraine, its population, and its resources. Most importantly, Russia would become an enduring growing threat to our European interests, rather permanently becoming an ever more powerful smokescreen for China and its aspirations.

I am as conservative as anyone I know, but I am not a neo-isolationist. We are as imperial as ancient Rome - though ours is mercantile. History is replete with examples of what happens when empires forget to defend their borders. Ours do not run along the Rio Grand and Oceanic seaboards. Twice in the last century, due to "America First" movements we ignored events in Europe to our unimaginable cost in blood and treasure. The Trump wing of my party seems to have embraced that notion fully. Fortunately fully 2/3's of Republicans support our efforts in Ukraine.

I frankly think Trump has great instincts on many issues. He was the nominee of my party twice, and I supported him, however reluctantly, both times. I admire is efforts with respect to our economy and immigration. But I also think he has a great weakness. He has what seems to be an inability to separate personal animosity from what is in the interests of the country as a whole. Whether a twitter storm with someone that does not matter or personal anger with Zelensky's unwillingness to become a pawn in US domestic politics, he has an inability to look beyond the immediate squabble. With respect to Ukraine, I could not be more certain it is wrongheaded.

But to your other point, I would like to understand how the money laundering the Isolationists throw round so casually works in the current situation. Hunter Biden's influence peddling - sure. Type of thing has been going on forever, and unless a quid pro quo can be proven - not simply alleged - sadly it isn't even illegal. But having been both a fairly senior military officer and an appointed officer in one of the big three defense corporations please tell me how transferring excess materiel to Ukraine under Presidential draw down authority is a money laundering operation. Since I have personally never seen it, I would like to understand how you believe it works.

Cant argue with the way this administration handled Afghanistan - though I am just as confident Trump had it at least as wrong as well. Had we followed his timetable, the plan would have been essentially the same to meet time and troop constraints - just a few months earlier.
If we had kept out of WWI, either London would have occupied Berlin, or Berlin would have occupied London. Either way, it would have been better than what we ended up with which was a hundred years of wars for the United States of America.

American military cemetery outside of Luxembourg (where Patton is buried) has a quote in the Chapel that reads "Grant us grace faithfully o lord so that we may make no peace with oppression". But we always do, don't we. It always comes back to bite the next generation in the ass. If you are not willing to finish what you start, then you're better off not starting at all.

People say what they will about ancient barbarism, but Carthage stopped being a problem to Rome after it was annihilated

Last edited:
Because you ignore bullies doesn't mean they ignore you.

Concur.

The best solution for a bully is a swift kick in the balls..

If the bully is too large to overtake by yourself.. you and your mates all jump in and kick him in the balls (repetitively)..

Contrary to popular belief.. Violence is a wonderful and well proven cure for a variety of the worlds problems..

Was Germany a bully prior to WWI? No, they were just a rising power that the traditional guard resented.
You cannot be serious. I think you are just looking for an argument, better things to do.

Was Germany a bully prior to WWI? No, they were just a rising power that the traditional guard resented.

Depends on which historian you want to believe..

Franz Fischer, a well noted German historian insists that Germany had for a very long time wanted to dominate Europe both politically and economically and that when presented an opportunity to initiate the war, it did so purposefully, and that Germany is solely responsibly for starting the war that could have otherwise been avoided...

If nothing else, who was acting like a bully, who wanted to throw its weight around, and why.. is the subject of debate to one degree or another even 100 years later..

FWIW I don't buy into Fischers position... but.. I also don't believe it can be 100% discounted either..

The withdrawal may have been on the same dates but clearly it would have been conducted differently. the civilians and equipment would have been protected and the evacuation would have been orderly and likely without casualty.
I would like to believe that is true, but I know of no evidence to that effect.

You cannot be serious. I think you are just looking for an argument, better things to do.
How did WWI start? I am not talking about WWII or Nazi expansion threatening the free world.

Could not disagree with you more except to agree China is indeed our major concern. However a resurgent Russian empire allied to China would be almost as problematic - particularly after absorbing Ukraine, its population, and its resources. Most importantly, Russia would become an enduring growing threat to our European interests, rather permanently becoming an ever more powerful smokescreen for China and its aspirations.

I am as conservative as anyone I know, but I am not a neo-isolationist. We are as imperial as ancient Rome - though ours is mercantile. History is replete with examples of what happens when empires forget to defend their borders. Ours do not run along the Rio Grand and Oceanic seaboards. Twice in the last century, due to "America First" movements we ignored events in Europe to our unimaginable cost in blood and treasure. The Trump wing of my party seems to have embraced that notion fully. Fortunately fully 2/3's of Republicans support our efforts in Ukraine.

I frankly think Trump has great instincts on many issues. He was the nominee of my party twice, and I supported him, however reluctantly, both times. I admire is efforts with respect to our economy and immigration. But I also think he has a great weakness. He has what seems to be an inability to separate personal animosity from what is in the interests of the country as a whole. Whether a twitter storm with someone that does not matter or personal anger with Zelensky's unwillingness to become a pawn in US domestic politics, he has an inability to look beyond the immediate squabble. With respect to Ukraine, I could not be more certain it is wrongheaded.

But to your other point, I would like to understand how the money laundering the Isolationists throw round so casually works in the current situation. Hunter Biden's influence peddling - sure. Type of thing has been going on forever, and unless a quid pro quo can be proven - not simply alleged - sadly it isn't even illegal. But having been both a fairly senior military officer and an appointed officer in one of the big three defense corporations please tell me how transferring excess materiel to Ukraine under Presidential draw down authority is a money laundering operation. Since I have personally never seen it, I would like to understand how you believe it works.

Cant argue with the way this administration handled Afghanistan - though I am just as confident Trump had it at least as wrong as well. Had we followed his timetable, the plan would have been essentially the same to meet time and troop constraints - just a few months earlier.
I suppose we are in deed imperial to a degree, that is fair. Nobody was as Imperial as the euros though and they abandoned their people totally as in Africa and now are being destroyed at hoime too for some supposed guilt even though there isn't a speck of the world that has not been invaded, colonized, etc. Africa got their independence back and I would argue it's worse for the vast majority of Africans. Ukraine is not on our border, it's not ours to defend. But if we do what do we get from it? Do we get their resources or is Ukraine free to do as they please as you said Zelensky is? The only thing of any value we get now is ferrous metals and can we not produce that at home?

I agree per my comment it's not good to let Putin have the resources. If that's an issue then the euros who we protect for free due to a bullshit NATO deal that robs the US taxpayer to a degree that makes me sick can do something about it since they are in the direct vicinity. Instead, they bought natural resources from your evil Russia and is that your definition of a "NATO" ally? They went green due to stupidity (we are trying to do the same idiotic thing now, lol) and now are paying the price. The turn the other cheek was on the euros (hi neville) not us. We of course has to come in to save them for the millionth time. What did we get from that? Who were our allies then? Russia and china? Who are our supposed friends now? Germany and Japan. The euros let it go and that's their fault. Would you send your child to fight Putin directly vs this stupid proxy war? I would not.

Trump is not perfect but look what we have now due to a moronic populace? He was spied on before and after the election. Nobody went to jail. He had 99% of the media against him because he wouldn't play along with the treason the elites do. Yes, he could have shut up. No way, zero chance, russia does this under Trump (like they did with subversive manchurian candidate obozo the traitor). The middle east so-called war lasted 20 years and we got nothing out of it. Do you think it's odd nobody ever asks why we don't get an OIl from Iraq???????? Odd imo. Cost us trillions and the much blood. The only people who profitied was the MI complex (thx Cheney) and the war was started over a lie. The MI complex has given 30M to politicians this year. Hmmmm....Excess material? You mean our million dollar missiles are excess? lol Trump would never have left civilians to languish and not even tell our British and other allies. 13 young marines were killed due to this idiot. I disagree with your premise we need to pay for the world and be their police.

Thank you for your servive.

As to WWI, The US got involved and actually was in the process of achieving an acceptable outcome. However Pres Wilson's health failed and allowed France's ego to be exerted. Accompanied by England joining France in placing blame and demanding a one-sided settlement. Several other countries, including what became Vietnam got involved and the fiasco that led to WWII was commenced.
Had the US not become involved the outcome would quite possibly have gone in Germany's favor. The Bolsheviks had seized power in Russia and withdrew from hostilities. This released all of the German and Austrian troops from the Eastern Front and could be redeployed to France, changing a stalemate into a German victory. Had that happened history would have been quite different.

Depends on which historian you want to believe..

Franz Fischer, a well noted German historian insists that Germany had for a very long time wanted to dominate Europe both politically and economically and that when presented an opportunity to initiate the war, it did so purposefully, and that Germany is solely responsibly for starting the war that could have otherwise been avoided...

If nothing else, who was acting like a bully, who wanted to throw its weight around, and why.. is the subject of debate to one degree or another even 100 years later..

FWIW I don't buy into Fischers position... but.. I also don't believe it can be 100% discounted either..
I am no master of knowledge but I am pretty sure Germany didn't pressure Austro-Hungaria to invade Serbia and start the great war on July 28, 1914. Though things would have probably come to a head eventually, the Germans certinally were not ready for that.

Gavrillo Princip, a Black Hand Nationalist…Serb…assassinateld Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his Wife, the Archduke was next in Line for the AustronHungarian Throne. This assasination “ started the ball rollin” for theGreat War to end all Wars.

"He has what seems to be an inability to separate personal animosity from what is in the interests of the country as a whole."

@Red Leg ... Kudos. I don't think I have ever seen Trump summed up as well in a single sentence as this. I could not agree more.

Can one shoot a cop in selfdefence in the US?..
Maybe there is a very good reason to be armed in puplic....

weird?

The video then shows Cantu putting the sedan in reverse and starting to turn the wheel. Brennand then tries to reach inside the car and grab Cantu, who continues to back out of the parking spot, footage shows.

"He has what seems to be an inability to separate personal animosity from what is in the interests of the country as a whole."

@Red Leg ... Kudos. I don't think I have ever seen Trump summed up as well in a single sentence as this. I could not agree more.
You mean like having a great economy, secure border, low energy costs, free elections, judges who follow the Constitution vs idiot lib like the new one, no wars, tax cuts? Like those? Worked out swell putting bidet in. Literally ruining the country at record pace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarioWinsl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?