OPINION: What are the most beautiful pelts in the world?

James-Researcher

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
FGASA
OK, so I am currently adorning my wall with artistic drawings of things I can't afford. Woe me.

And I wanted to know what you guys thought were the most STUNNING animal pelts from around the world?

I have a bunch of space on the left side of my living room wall and I need ideas... pelt ideas

I know an artist who draws and paints beautifully, and he can literally paint anything.

I want a painting of like 3 stunning animal pelts

WHAT TO RECOMMEND?

Cinnamon black bears from BC and Alberta.

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to actual pelts, not paintings.

As in framed? Blue Wildebeest - though how an artist captures the iridescent changes as the light and perspective change, I would have no idea.

Arctic Fox
Cross Fox
Silver Fox

But I out of necessity must say Beaver! Nothing better than good ole beaver.

Tiger is beautiful and I've always had a particular fondness for jaguar. The larger spots vs leopard or cheetah look especially nice to me. Okapi have one of the most striking patterns of any animal, too. If it's just an artistic rendering, those would look great!

Yeah much different when you are trying to capture it through a painting. A lot of these suggestions are based on the actual pelts and their softness to the touch etc not the aesthetics of a painting. Try looking up a bongo or female nyala.

nothing wrong with a odd male nyala.

8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.....................:E Happy:

upload_2019-11-22_15-43-42.png

@sierraone How about Spirit bear? How would that hold up against cinnamon bear?
Have never seen one except in photos. Have seen cinnamon bear skin rugs and they (at least the one I saw) was unbelievably beautiful.

Nice. Totally going with your judgement on that one. Lived in Alaska for 3 years, saw some "glacier bears" which were somewhat close to spirit bears (ish)

those were pretty special

I have never seen snow leopard and amur leopard pelts in the flesh, as they are illegal, but a quick search on google would indicate that they are incredibly beautiful

its hard to compare

and unfortunately its human nature to compare everything

For a real pelt, black impala. I have one and it sort of changes color with the light. Sometimes it shines a deep, almost iridescent blue.

Colobus, Zanzabar Colobus and Geladas baboon's all have to be high on the list.
default-1464386183-494-baby-colobus-monkeys-grow-faster-to-avoid-being-murdered-by-older-males.jpg

7803481_f520.jpg

baboon.png

Attachments

• 7803481_f520.jpg
    7803481_f520.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 109
  • baboon.png
    baboon.png
    192.2 KB · Views: 110
  • default-1464386183-494-baby-colobus-monkeys-grow-faster-to-avoid-being-murdered-by-older-males.jpg
    default-1464386183-494-baby-colobus-monkeys-grow-faster-to-avoid-being-murdered-by-older-males.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 101
wet-beaver_o_221761.jpg

d35b116ba0026f78a31b180281f1b428.jpg

At this point I'll admit that I'm no longer responsible for anything that follows...All attempts a self-control have failed...sorry

fullsizeoutput_709.jpeg

ok, Kawshik, you get 150 points just for being older than I am !!! Your last Bengal hunt was 15 years before I was born! Truly AWESOME

Please PM me, as I have a lot of questions

I would love to meet with you in India sometime in the next few years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrenGril

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.