on a lighter note...

I may be an idiot, but I'm not cool enough for that. Are there no canisters in America, or at least no empty oil barrels? I could have sent a couple, I think I've got some lying around behind the barn.
Just to clarify, I wasn’t saying you were an idiot. I was just being facetious and pointing out the idiots filling plastic bags with gasoline. I think your idea of filling the empty containers you found was a brilliant idea.

ECF50DFB-3682-4BFC-9830-FE6E208F6375.jpeg

Once I stopped on the side of the road due to lack of fuel. I don't remember how it happened. It was in Belarus. Shortly before the stop I passed a gas station on the other side, so I crossed the road (there were few cars there), climbed over the dividing barrier and went there on foot. The only thing was that I didn't have a canister, and the gas station didn't seem to have a shop.
At the gas station there was a mandatory poster "we do not pour into plastic and glass containers", and under the poster there was a container with empty bottles of mineral water, in 4 and 5 liters. I took a couple, and it was enough for me to drive to the next gas station.

In the 50's - 60's I remember on several occasions family members (1 time my mother in her nightgown in the morning returning from driving me to high school with charts) running out of gas. Walking to the gas station and paying $5.00 refundable deposit for a rectangular sheetmetal 1 gallon can (same type we would get paint thinner (mineral spirits) in. Sometimes with a spout, sometimes without. Walk back to the car with a gallon of gas. If no spout about half would spill onto the ground. Drive to the gas station and return can and get deposit back in cash or gas. My dad would drive across the street to another station to purchase gas for 1 cent per gallon less! $0.34 instead of $0.35 per gallon. If there happened to be a "gas war" occurring it dropped to $0.30 per gallon.

No.....people really cant be that stupid....that is just mind boggling......and how come they are allowed to?

@spike.t I am waiting for the Darwin awards to start coming in.

untitled-design-2-2.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 09.10.39.png

I see this and wonder how she expects to transfer the gasoline from the bags to the gas tank.
she probably doesn't even know how to use an Aggie gas pump.

Fkn hell ....yeah cant be too long....but how come nobody working at the fuel stations stops them?....
Spike, it’s not Africa. We don’t have anybody pumping our gas like you do. Most of us pay at the pump and never even enter the store and there’s no outside attendant.

Man, I used to run oil refineries and I’ve seen some good fires, but these folks are setting up for something really special!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.