on a lighter note...

So me and my son left town this evening to go on a turkey hunt. My wife and young daughter went out to her dads house for dinner. While there she found my wifes high school prom picture and was pissed. Here is a screen shot of the text she sent her brother from my wife’s phone. Nice to know she has my back
B8BAD912-4715-41A8-8748-9F1F13BB48EF.jpeg

Then a purely American joke.
At breakfast, the wife says to her husband: John, I'm sorry if I spoil your appetite, but the pit in our toilet is overflowing, and soon it will be impossible to use it. We have to do something.
- But, Mary, to be honest, I do not know what to do in this case, I need to ask someone.
- The middle son returned to the Joneses down the mountain. He has just graduated from college, he is an educated person, and undoubtedly knows how to solve this problem.
John started the pickup and drove to the Joneses. The guy, after listening, said: "So that's it. Go to the city, buy two sticks of dynamite and two detonators with cords at the supermarket (be careful with detonators). Cut one cord shorter. Set fire to the cords and throw them into the pit. When the first one explodes, everything will fly up, and when the second one explodes, the contents will scatter around, enriching the soil of the farm with organic and mineral substances, and the house will fall back to the pit, and you can continue to use it.
John thanked him, and did everything according to the advice. Returning to the farm, he immediately threw dynamite into the toilet and, running away, hid behind a large sycamore. And with horror he saw that his wife was running from the house to the toilet and running into it! John did not have time to do anything, as two explosions occurred, and the toilet house, indeed, fell into its place. John, running up, opened the door - and saw that his wife was sitting on the toilet seat.
The wife says, "Thank God, I barely made it."

My grandfather on the family farm got tired of local teenage drivers purposefully running over his mail box out on the county road. He took a section of railroad rail and buried it vertically in the ground quite deep, wrapped it with some cheap wood and then put the mailbox on top of it. A couple weeks later he heard a big crash when the teenagers tried to run it over again. Totaled their car and luckily, nobody was seriously hurt. The kids father tried getting upset with my grandfather and said he shouldn’t use a rail as a mailbox post. My grandfather said that there’s no laws dictating what could be used. Lol.
Uh, kids should not run over mail boxes.
There probably laws against wilful damage or something.

Uh, kids should not run over mail boxes.
There probably laws against wilful damage or something.
Good luck getting police to find them. The huge US population, large area, and small police forces…yeah, mailboxes are pretty low on the give a shit list.

Most rural areas are extremely limited on police enforcement, so we are often left to fend for ourselves on lesser matters.

I have no recollection of that event at this time…
Not aware of any such activity, nor would I be disposed to discuss an activity if it did exist.

Oh for the days we could by M80’a at the corner store!
We bought them from the self employed "businessmen" in South Philly.. Along with untaxed cigarettes, they brought truckloads of stuff from the states where they were legal like North and South Carolina. Even though M80s were a little to loud to set off in the plant where I worked, there were always a few miscreants that couldn't help themselves. The trick was to stuff a lit, unfiltered cigarette on the fuse, then go to lunch somewhere else. The bridge crane operators would empty their coffee cups over our machine tools. They'd laugh and we got wet. Paybacks were shooting bottle rockets at them. All this was at the now closed Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton Locomotive plant in Eddystone, PA, home of the Eddystone Springfield rifle. Fourth of July sure was a fun time.

Baseball bats on mailboxes is for amateur's. We used to blow them up with M-80's.
They say Karma is a bitch.

When I owned some property south of Tucson in a rural area, I went down to the mailboxes at the end of the road one day, and found a bunch of them destroyed.
Mine included.

After that, a bunch of us chipped in for a big cluster box which we bolted to a concrete slab that we poured.

1679753679037.jpeg

Good luck getting police to find them. The huge US population, large area, and small police forces…yeah, mailboxes are pretty low on the give a shit list.

Most rural areas are extremely limited on police enforcement, so we are often left to fend for ourselves on lesser matters.
Very true, but I know for a fact when your dumb ass older brother blows up the same farmers mailbox 3 times in a matter of weeks, the FBI will get involved... He made the front page of the local paper for 3 weeks running. The poor guy who owned the box thought someone was out to get him. He was just a victim of circumstance. His box just happened to be where my brother and his friends would stop to take out the hubs and pee after checking their trap line

They used to be sold as firecrackers. We had no end of fun with them on the farm.
Now they have Tide Pods for entertainment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois