Old Historic Images

SnowLeopard

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
full

British East Africa, circa 1900.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone! Would love to see various images you have with historical value. Yes, all hunting images have that value, but... if you have photos that are 50+ years old, I think the historicity of the images would be of great interest to everyone else. Would be helpful to include as much info as you can with each image. It will be fun to see a photo archive of our history and lifestyle grow over the years. Enjoy!

Thank you - didn't know that category existed. I'm new here. Sorry!

As for that photo, I have no other details about it. Would love to know more. The man holding the .303 definitely looks Northern Indian or Bhutanese to me. I grew up in Asia and can somewhat accurately place a face from various regions.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on Vintage Safaris. Any other old pix I find will be posted there.

No apology required. Keep on posting.

Here's an interesting photo to add- an albino kudu.

From the 1920 German book: Vom wehrhaften Riesen und seinem Reiche
By Steinhardt

20200403_154341-01.jpeg

Just saw this old thread. Love the old photos, and have been thru the great vintage photo's here many times. The first photo here says BEA circa 1900. The man appears more Asian or Indian subcontinental to me rather than indigenous African, so could it be mislabeled? Can anyone here readily tell the difference between an African and an Asian Leopard? Or do they appear the same? In the trapper photo, the donkey with the saddle and britchen is classic......thanks for posting........................FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross