Old Historic Images

SnowLeopard

AH senior member
Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Messages
52
Reaction score
100
Media
1
full


British East Africa, circa 1900.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone! Would love to see various images you have with historical value. Yes, all hunting images have that value, but... if you have photos that are 50+ years old, I think the historicity of the images would be of great interest to everyone else. Would be helpful to include as much info as you can with each image. It will be fun to see a photo archive of our history and lifestyle grow over the years. Enjoy!
 
Thank you - didn't know that category existed. I'm new here. Sorry!

As for that photo, I have no other details about it. Would love to know more. The man holding the .303 definitely looks Northern Indian or Bhutanese to me. I grew up in Asia and can somewhat accurately place a face from various regions.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on Vintage Safaris. Any other old pix I find will be posted there.
 
No apology required. Keep on posting.
 
Here's an interesting photo to add- an albino kudu.

From the 1920 German book: Vom wehrhaften Riesen und seinem Reiche
By Steinhardt

20200403_154341-01.jpeg
 
Just saw this old thread. Love the old photos, and have been thru the great vintage photo's here many times. The first photo here says BEA circa 1900. The man appears more Asian or Indian subcontinental to me rather than indigenous African, so could it be mislabeled? Can anyone here readily tell the difference between an African and an Asian Leopard? Or do they appear the same? In the trapper photo, the donkey with the saddle and britchen is classic......thanks for posting........................FWB
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,856
Members
169,446
Latest member
rakadoaka
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top