Old Guy From California

Jboutfishn

Reaction score
Started shooting an old single shot 22 when I was 8 under the guidance of my Dad. At 13 I took my first mallard jump shooting along the Owens River north of Bishop, Ca. My first deer was taken near Fontana in southern California, a few miles north of the San Bernadino Fwy. I hunted quail in the Santa Monica Mountains behind the Sheriffs sub station. I have caught steelhead in Malibu Creek behind a market parking lot.

Now 65 years later I fish the Trinity for steelhead, and the Upper Sac for trout. Learning how to catch bass on Lake Shasta. I shoot USPSA in Single Stack and Production class. Hoping to draw an X9C tag for desert mule deer.

Hunted the Selous in Tanzania in 2002, and the Northern Province, SA in 2007. Not a day goes by I don't think about the Selous Camp on the Ruvu river or hunting jackals for the sheep rancher in the Orange Free State in SA.

Welcome to AH Jboutfishn! Nice to have you with us, looking forward to your contribution.

welcome to AH Jboutfishin, sounds like you keep active mate
enjoy AH .

:S Welcome: Welcome to AH.

Look forward to your participation.

Funny thing about Africa, it seems to stick to you.
Looks like you know how to make the best of your hunting and fishing opportunities.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Jboutfishn! Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun enjoy the site and feel free to share some pictures.

Welcome sir. Sounds like you have hunted some of the best Africa gas to offer !

Welcome! Enjoy....

Welcome to AH!

Welcome, ignore the post by CAustin about the great gas, it goes right along with another post about a good shit! LOL

Welcome sir! It would be great if you could post some pics.

Welcome to AH Jboutfishn. Have a blast out here!

Welcome to AH !

Hello Jboutfishn and welcome to the best forum,

We grizzled old Californios need to stick together.
My childhood shooting / hunting / fishing experiences in California were similar to yours, except that my father was not a hunter/fisher.

He was however very receptive to my interests in these activities so, I had it pretty good as a young outdoorsman.
I ran away from The Golden State while still in my 20's, like the chicken boy that I am but, I still miss certain things about it, such as quail hunting in the desert, the Sierra foothills and the Coast Range foothills.

Cheerio,
Velo Dog.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Life has been good. :) I have 3 African pics in the contest section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!