Nyala Pictures

A RARE Orange Nyala Bull taken with Balla Balla Safaris

A very unusual trophy I was Blessed enough to take on my recent hunt with Alan Bird of Balla Balla Safaris in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. Many thanks to Hermann Scheepes for the opportunity to hunt this amazing trophy.

full


Notice the under developed testicles, the bull never produced any calves. In discussion with a verterinarian some time after the hunt he stated that more than 90% of the orange Nyala Bulls are sterile. Therefore the lack of testosterone is the cause of the freak.

full
 
odd trophies

i see a hunter got an orange nyala on alerts today.wonder how many others got different trophy's?in 2005 my wife took a fully matured orange nyala in south africa and was written up in the then african sporting gazette mag now known as african hunting gazette under the huntress Diana segment.we were very excited over that.her nyala was fully developed and with his mate and youngsters.enclosed are pics of the hunt scene and the full mount.

mypictures022.jpg
8.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow @edward, that is a beautiful trophy you wife took. I had first learned of the orange Nyala bulls 30 years ago. According to several South African PH's I have talked to they are quite rare.
 
Last day Nyala 27.5"
full
 
South Africa with KMG Hunting Safaris. July 2018.
008.JPG


010.JPG
 
SA. 2016.

A4E0A173-53EC-41D7-881F-C53DA4F6D102.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
2009 Limpopo

w39nZiQ.jpg
 

Attachments

  • w39nZiQ.jpg
    w39nZiQ.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
A very special and emotional moment as I had the wonderful privilege to guide my mom to this Nyala.
Obviously nothing for the book, not even measured, but the biggest “trophy” one can imagine. Being in the bush with my mom who used to take me up as a kid in the high tower waiting for a moose to never show up... and now I could give back to her, for an experience that we will forever cherish.
IMG_3947.JPG


Also was wondering about any brownie points for the hat? @africahunting and @BRICKBURN[emoji23]
 
A very special and emotional moment as I had the wonderful privilege to guide my mom to this Nyala.
Obviously nothing for the book, not even measured, but the biggest “trophy” one can imagine. Being in the bush with my mom who used to take me up as a kid in the high tower waiting for a moose to never show up... and now I could give back to her, for an experience that we will forever cherish. View attachment 308301

Also was wondering about any brownie points for the hat? @africahunting and @BRICKBURN[emoji23]

Awesome, very special.
 
Two bulls taken 2016 and 2018 eastern cape with wild horizons second bull my son was lucky enough and had a great ten day hunt myself my son and my dad great memories made in Africa we will never forget

1C5065E2-0D3C-42A8-9BD1-9BD771A524EA.png
F9EFF1A5-70AB-4A18-B776-87B33944934A.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a lovely bull Peter congratulations there such a lovely trophy
hoping to hunt another one in may but let’s see what world lockdowns
bring us
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,804
Members
169,417
Latest member
SommerDoug
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top